Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LightZone on Snow Leopard?  (Read 5399 times)

Per Ofverbeck

• http://elgfoto.se
LightZone on Snow Leopard?
« on: September 01, 2009, 04:34:27 am »

I´ve tried both the SL Compatibility Wiki  and Lightcraft´s own site without finding any answer.

So: has anybody had a chance to try yet?  Latest version seems to be 3.8.
Per Ofverbeck
My

francois

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 05:25:28 am »

Quote from: Per Ofverbeck
I´ve tried both the SL Compatibility Wiki  and Lightcraft´s own site without finding any answer.

So: has anybody had a chance to try yet?  Latest version seems to be 3.8.
Some users report that Lightzone is fine on Snow Leopard…
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp...essage=32843957
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp...essage=32846621
Francois

Per Ofverbeck

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 05:50:18 am »

Thank you, Francois; seems promising (although it´s the same poster in both links...).  I got LZ a while ago as part of a promo bundle, and rather like it.  I have Photoshop too, but am still on CS2, which is reported NOT to work with SL....

So, I have to decide whether to postpone the SL upgrade, do the upgrade and use LZ, or upgrade both Photoshop and SL.....

(and, if I don´t upgrade PS soon enough, I´ll have to pay full price again if I decide to do it later....)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 05:52:11 am by Per Ofverbeck »
Per Ofverbeck
My

francois

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 06:30:08 am »

…So, I have to decide whether to postpone the SL upgrade, do the upgrade and use LZ, or upgrade both Photoshop and SL.....
Be sure to have a full backup of your current boot drive before upgrading to Snow Leopard. I don't know if Photoshop CS2 works or not (I've read the compatibility reports :-{  ). You'll probably need to install Rosetta (not a standard install) and test for yourself. I'm running CS3 and it looks like everything is fine.
Francois

Per Ofverbeck

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 05:55:55 am »

Quote from: francois
Be sure to have a full backup of your current boot drive before upgrading to Snow Leopard. I don't know if Photoshop CS2 works or not (I've read the compatibility reports :-{  ). You'll probably need to install Rosetta (not a standard install) and test for yourself. I'm running CS3 and it looks like everything is fine.

A late thank you, and a follow-up:  Bought the SnowLeopard update (it´s surprisingly cheap for an apple product...  ) and made a test installation on another drive (after taking the Leopard drive out).  Rosetta installed as well.  Here are my findings (with reservations that there might be bugs or gotchas that I haven´t found yet):

Lightroom 2.5 runs perfectly, accessing my present library on its own drive.

Photoshop CS2 runs fine, and cooperates with Lightroom without a hitch.

Light Zone (latest version) runs fine, too.

Capture One (again, latest version) seems to run OK as well, but haven´t had time to test it much.

My Epson 3800 needed a driver download directly from Epson (wasn´t in Apple´s library), but seems to work OK.

Several non-photo related programs had problems, though, so I´ll postpone my upgrading.  At least it seems I won´t have problems with any of my image processing software...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 05:57:03 am by Per Ofverbeck »
Per Ofverbeck
My

francois

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 06:23:55 pm »

A late thank you, and a follow-up:  Bought the SnowLeopard update (it´s surprisingly cheap for an apple product...  ) and made a test installation on another drive (after taking the Leopard drive out).  Rosetta installed as well.  Here are my findings (with reservations that there might be bugs or gotchas that I haven´t found yet):

Lightroom 2.5 runs perfectly, accessing my present library on its own drive.

Photoshop CS2 runs fine, and cooperates with Lightroom without a hitch.

Light Zone (latest version) runs fine, too.

Capture One (again, latest version) seems to run OK as well, but haven´t had time to test it much.

My Epson 3800 needed a driver download directly from Epson (wasn´t in Apple´s library), but seems to work OK.

Several non-photo related programs had problems, though, so I´ll postpone my upgrading.  At least it seems I won´t have problems with any of my image processing software...
Per,
Thanks for the info.
I found that Lightroom 2.5 can't send files to Photoshop CS3 to merge them as a panorama. Editing files from Lightroom to Photoshop CS 3 works well. I haven't yet tried to print to my 3800. My old dual G5 (w Leopard) is now my print server.
All in all, I found Snow Leopard to be one of the easiest system upgrades from Apple.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up