Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Arca-Swiss Discovery, 3 lenses, 6x9 back  (Read 2771 times)

AaronD

Arca-Swiss Discovery, 3 lenses, 6x9 back
« on: August 20, 2009, 10:14:24 am »

Sadly, and reluctantly, I am selling the whole shootin' gallery.  I have gone full-time with my architectural photography and need to buy a couple exotic fringe lenses for my Canon.

Arca-Swiss Discovery 4x5 camera - $1400

It comes with: leather wide angle bellows; 3 lensboards with Copal "0" size holes; two focusing rails (40 cm & 27 cm); two "custom" tripod mounting blocks; nylon carrying case.

The tripod mounting block I use is one I fabricated from the 40 cm bottom rail that came with the 40 cm focusing rail. I cut it in two to use instead of the cheesy little block that comes with the camera. This one is about 18 cm long, the original was like 5 cm.

Mechanically & functionally, everything is in perfect condition. Cosmetically it's in excellent condition. There's one little scuff on a front rail and there are two velcro strips glued to the top of the front frame (neatly).

Arca-Swiss 6x9 rollfilm back - $400

Works perfectly. There are some minor cosmetic scuffs, and paint has rubbed off a little where the camera grips the mounting plate.

Rodenstock 45mm Apo Grandagon f4.5 - $900

Glass is perfect, cosmetically it's like-new.

Rodenstock 65mm Grandagon-N MC f4.5 - $800

Glass is perfect, cosmetically it would look brand new but for the cap sliding on and off.

Rodenstock 90mm Grandagon-N f6.8 - $600

Glass is perfect; cosmetically it's near perfect, but for a couple small scuffs, and the tiniest ding on the lens barrel. Also there are some barely visible silvery specks in the anti-reflective paint at the back-most element. They've always been there, and putting it into words makes it sound much more noticeable than it is.

I've got more photos of all these, I'd be happy to email.  If you go to my website you can see some photos I've taken with the camera - these links take you there:

http://www.aarondougherty.com/photos-archi...sthouse-01.html

http://www.aarondougherty.com/photos-other...cksides-01.html

I will sell the camera, back and lenses as a package for $3600.

Pages: [1]   Go Up