Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to have backup on import same as original folder name.....  (Read 1679 times)

picnic

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 574

I just asked this as an aside in another question and am sure it got lost.  I'm an LR user since original beta and have had no problems with anything but this.  I can't find an answer anywhere else.

When I import, I copy to a different location (external HD) with my usual organization  Photo 2009/July 09/72109 Project 2 as example.  I check the backup in the import dialog box and its done to a 'temporary' dedicated internal drive.  I type in the folder name (I have that drive set up the same---Photos 2009/July) and point to the same folder--July 09 right now  The folders are named the same--BUT--Lightroom puts a subfolder into this folder named  'imported on Thursday, July 21, 2009"--this is in the folder named the same as the one on my external.  Is there anyway to keep LR from creating the subfolder and just put the files in the named folder??

Diane
Logged

Nat Coalson

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 195
    • http://www.NatCoalson.com/
How to have backup on import same as original folder name.....
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 11:21:57 am »

Although there is no way to automate this, you can click "Backup To", navigate to the main backup folder you want, then make a "New Folder" in there, giving it the same name as the primary copy.
Logged
Nathaniel Coalson
Author of [url=http://

RRSPhoto

  • Guest
How to have backup on import same as original folder name.....
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 01:44:09 pm »

I have this same issue. When I travel for a week, I end up with folders by day on the main drive and one folder for the day that I down loaded the cards. I could not find a cure. I work around it by using SyncToy to backup my main drive once a month then deleting the folders created with the download dates. This extra step paid back the time when I changed PCs this year.
Logged

Craig Murphy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 312
    • http://www.murphyphotography.com
How to have backup on import same as original folder name.....
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 09:47:01 am »

One solution would be  ImageIngester.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 09:47:40 am by Craig Murphy »
Logged
CMurph
Pages: [1]   Go Up