Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: REDucation Starts Tomorrow  (Read 3912 times)

Thomas Editions

• Best Giclée in LA
    • Thomas Editions  Fine Art Printing
REDucation Starts Tomorrow
« on: July 19, 2009, 02:29:19 pm »

REDucation starts first thing Monday morning, and I'm excited.  I get to contribute my experience as well as learn.  It will be a great source for learning the "How To" of RED.

If you plan on shooting with RED One or the future REDs, having a firm foundation with the system and it's workflow are a must.

Some of you know, I've been involved in digital capture for the past 11 years, and I use this experience and knowledge with RED.

Basically RED is a digital still camera, that shoots motion.  Treat it accordingly, and you are ahead of the game.

I truly feel still photographers make better RED shooters.

To find out more about REDucation, go to http://reducation.net

Von
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 02:30:16 pm by digitaltechnyc »
Von Thomas
Printmeister, Thomas Editions Fine Art Prints

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 02:33:58 pm »

Quote from: digitaltechnyc
REDucation starts first thing Monday morning, and I'm excited.  I get to contribute my experience as well as learn.  It will be a great source for learning the "How To" of RED.

If you plan on shooting with RED One or the future REDs, having a firm foundation with the system and it's workflow are a must.

Some of you know, I've been involved in digital capture for the past 11 years, and I use this experience and knowledge with RED.

Basically RED is a digital still camera, that shoots motion.  Treat it accordingly, and you are ahead of the game.

I truly feel still photographers make better RED shooters.

To find out more about REDucation, go to http://reducation.net

Von

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to submit this press release to Michael for publication on the LL main page. Now it just reeks of astroturfing.

Thomas Editions

• Best Giclée in LA
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 02:44:37 pm »

Quote from: feppe
Perhaps it would be more appropriate to submit this press release to Michael for publication on the LL main page. Now it just reeks of astroturfing.

I am a freelance staff member, not a salaried one, and they did not ask me to do this, this is not official.  I'm sharing info.  RED is new, most often DP's and photographers get it wrong when they shoot with RED.  If there is to be a future, there need to be information and education.  Not we can dispense with this thread, or we can info others that this is available, and discuss.  I'm in a good place because I am a still photographer that caught on quick to digital (1999), and I caught on quick to the new wave, digital cinema.  RED just happens to be the flavor of the month, and there is a learning curve.

Sites like REDuser.net are good, this site is good, but it's the info that needs to be out there, for us all to learn and create with these new tools.

What is astroturfing anyway?

My 2 cents.

Von
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 02:47:14 pm by digitaltechnyc »
Von Thomas

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 03:26:28 pm »

Quote from: digitaltechnyc
What is astroturfing anyway?

Astroturfing

michael

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 03:35:40 pm »

Von and his announcement are most welcome here, as is anything and anyone that expands our knowledge of our art and craft.

In fact, Chris Sanderson and I are both registered for the 7 day December sessions.

Michael
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 04:23:22 pm by michael »

Thomas Editions

• Best Giclée in LA
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 06:52:02 pm »

Quote from: michael
Von and his announcement are most welcome here, as is anything and anyone that expands our knowledge of our art and craft.

In fact, Chris Sanderson and I are both registered for the 7 day December sessions.

Michael

Thank you Michael.  I appreciate that, as I'm sure your legends of member do.  I will keep the forum up on things I learn regarding RED and it's workflow.  I may be teaching RED workshops, but nothing solid yet.  APA has inquired, and I know it the best thing to do.  Keep everyone up to speed, and learn from the experience I and other RED Techs have been through.

Von
Von Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up