Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1DMkII Tethered Questions  (Read 1526 times)

walter.sk

1DMkII Tethered Questions
« on: July 18, 2009, 10:48:16 am »

It has been years since I used the Canon software that came with my 1DII, which I used only for setting a couple of personal functions.  I now want to shoot tethered, and change some Personal Function settings.  I haven't had the Canon software on my computer for quite some time.

I have a couple of questions:  

1)  Since Canon has upgraded all of their software, as well as renaming some of it, would I be better off downloading new software or just finding my old Solutions CD?

2)  I have a G9 and G10.  Would using the software from one of those work with the 1DII?

3)  If it would pay to download the latest software, which downloads would I need in order to shoot tethered and view the images just shot?  

4)  Do I still need to install the WIA software first, or, at all?

A response from somebody familiar with these issues would be greatly appreciated.

walter.sk

1DMkII Tethered Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 05:02:51 pm »

Well, I answered my own questins.  I was unable to upgrade from the Canon website without reinstalling from my old CD.  In the process, I was able to accomplish what I needed, namely, being able to change the personal functions in the camera.

What was really neat was that I now have bracketing choices of 3 pix or 5 pix depending on which set of Personal Function settings I apply in the camera, and I can readily switch from one to another.  I could even have the third set for bracketing 7 pix, and switch back and forth.

That really goes a long way to making shooting for HDR simpler.[
Pages: [1]   Go Up