Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya AFD D Lenses for sale/trade  (Read 3543 times)

antonyoung

Mamiya AFD D Lenses for sale/trade
« on: June 24, 2009, 09:26:00 pm »

My plans have changed, so these two lenses that I just bought in the past couple of weeks are up for sale. Neither has been on a job, or used for anything more than some shots around the office.

80mm f/2.8 D Lens... $800 ($1143 at B&H, save $343)
75mm-150mm f/4.5 D Lens... $3200 ($3846 at B&H, save $646)

Will trade both for Profoto 7A pack and head in good condition.

antonyoung

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 06:05:25 pm »

My experience has been that ads in online forums seem to be largely a waste of time, so I've moved these to eBay, both with no reserve and starting bids at $9.99:
75-150mm D here
80mm D here

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 10:48:21 am »

Quote from: antonyoung
My experience has been that ads in online forums seem to be largely a waste of time, so I've moved these to eBay, both with no reserve and starting bids at $9.99:
75-150mm D here
80mm D here

Online B&S forums are only a waste of time for sellers whose initial asking prices are excessively high
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

antonyoung

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 01:57:07 pm »

Quote from: Jack Flesher
Online B&S forums are only a waste of time for sellers whose initial asking prices are excessively high
Jack, weren't you complaining when I offered you $750 for your 80mm D a month or two ago? Or was that Guy again?

Anyhow, I don't think there's a lot of rubber meeting the road in here. A lot of people theorizing, but not actually buying gear, much less using it. I had a bunch of RZ gear and a ZD back for sale or trade on here for weeks. I did move one body here, but the rest I wasted a bunch of time answering questions from people who clearly were not going to buy. I put it all on eBay and in every single case got more in the end than what I was asking for here.

We'll see what the market will bear in a week. I think the zoom might have been an optimistic asking price, but not nearly as optimistic as B&H and Mamiya's... let's take a moment to think about that and what it portends for the industry...

JillHK

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 06:31:20 pm »

I must admit, I am quite curious to see how the auction goes. I have the same lens that I'm considering to sell.  
- - - - -

JillHK

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 08:55:25 pm »

Jack, weren't you complaining when I offered you $750 for your 80mm D a month or two ago? Or was that Guy again?
Nope, once again it was not me -- I kept my 80D.  Not sure it was Guy either since he still has his 80D...
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 08:56:01 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack

antonyoung

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 09:52:07 pm »

Nope, once again it was not me -- I kept my 80D.  Not sure it was Guy either since he still has his 80D...

Actually it was you, but I was offering $650, as it turns out:

As part of a block purchase of gear, I ended up with a few duplicate items and don't need them.  This one is the new version metal body 80MM D-AF Mamiya 645 lens.  It is the US "MAC" Mamiya branded version, not the Phase branded version and is in "As New In Box" condition, complete with the box, paperwork, caps and hood. It was purchased new in August from Adorama by the previous owner and a copy of the receipt is included.  I have tested it and it focuses perfectly and produces sharp images from wide open on down.

Asking $895 OBO (it's $1150 new), paypal'd and shipped inside the US. PM or email me if interested, jack-at-getdpi-dot-com.

Hi Jack-

If you don't get any better offers, I'll offer $650.

Thanks for the offer and I'll keep that in mind, but would probably try eBay before going that low   Just so you know, I would take $800 right now.

Jack

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 11:44:38 am »

Actually it was you, but I was offering $650, as it turns out:

Hi Jack-

If you don't get any better offers, I'll offer $650.

Thanks for the offer and I'll keep that in mind, but would probably try eBay before going that low   Just so you know, I would take $800 right now.

Jack

Ah, back in October of last year, pretty soon after the new AFD3 and 80D were released -- a lot further back than a month ago!   Yes, I bought an entire system from somebody and sold off the pieces I did not need. But back at the time, the 80D was a fairly new release lens and prices on used gear have fallen a *LOT* since last October -- heck, prices on new gear have fallen a lot since last October!

Anyway, my only point with my above comment is you seem to be complaining that your stuff never sells on the B&S forums, and I was simply pointing out it is probably because you seem to be expecting higher than *current* typical eBay closing prices without going through eBay.  So to be more direct, if you really want success in the B&S forums is you may want to consider trying to just get typical eBay closing prices after you deduct the heavy listing and selling fees and pass those savings through to friends you want to sell to on these B&S forums -- I think you'd find you had more success.  Regardless, I suspect you've taken the best track to get the most for your gear by listing it on eBay...

Seriously, best of luck with your auctions!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 12:13:43 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack

antonyoung

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 11:50:19 am »

Ah, back in October of last year, pretty soon after the new AFD3 and 80D were released -- a lot further back than a month ago!   Yes, I bought an entire system from somebody and sold off the pieces I did not need. But at the time, it was a fairly new release lens and I was only asking $700 for it begin with

Cheers,

I might have my glasses stopped down too far and be getting some diffraction, but it sure looks like you were asking $895 but would take $800 to me...  

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 10:39:41 am »

Congrats on your auction, looks like you got decent current market prices on both lenses!  (However, I still think they both would have sold pretty easily here at those prices and then saved you the eBay fees, which was my only point above.)

Best,
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:45:47 am by Jack Flesher »
Jack

Snook

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 03:34:10 pm »

I ibd on the 75-150 but only went to 1800.00  someone grabbed it for 2000.00
I also lost out on a 50mm ULD for 509.00 which was a GREAT price and the lens was new.. Just was not worth more than 475 for me..:+}

Snook
I thinmif Anton would have a "decent" price here instaead of trying to get 3200.00 which was Impossible by the way. he would have indeed sold it here. But it sold for 1200.00 less than what he ask here which is quite a difference!
Snook

PLLove

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 10:20:58 pm »

I got the 80mm "D" for ~$400 bucks!    HA!  That's a steal!  Now, what to do with the "old" 80mm?

I also bid on the 75-150, but my max bid was $1500.  Hell, I might have paid $2K for it, but I was at the Taste of Chicago when the auction ended...oh well...  

-Pat
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:22:15 pm by PLLove »

Snook

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 10:50:02 am »

Quote from: PLLove
I got the 80mm "D" for ~$400 bucks!    HA!  That's a steal!  Now, what to do with the "old" 80mm?

I also bid on the 75-150, but my max bid was $1500.  Hell, I might have paid $2K for it, but I was at the Taste of Chicago when the auction ended...oh well...  

-Pat

Yeh Pat I saw that.. great deal indeed!! Good for you
:+}
Snook
Pages: [1]   Go Up