Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where the #%*! are my pictures  (Read 33155 times)

seany

Where the #%*! are my pictures
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2009, 06:22:41 am »

Quote from: Christian Miersch
I read this subforum over 3 years now and over the time got astonished how much substanceless critique and nitpicking is exercised here. Beside the valid additions of course. Interesting articles from knowledgeable guys almost every other day, but the first voice commenting these efforts here in "About this site" very often nothing more than jealous nitpicking, in my opinion, as in this case. So thats what I pointed out with my sarcastic comment. Likely that will piss off other nitpickers, but I think I'll be able to live with that.

Christian,so sorry if I offended you by my comments to Michael, I must say I find your analysis of my motives very entertaining though wide of the mark.Perhaps my play on words was too subtle for you to comprehend or maybe taking a rise out of someone who occasionally takes themselves too seriously is not part of your culture.
For the record I'm a great admirer of Michael's pictures and his depth of knowledge on all matters photographic but I do like to poke the bear every now and again just to make sure he is paying attention.

cmi

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2009, 07:37:49 am »

Quote from: seany
Christian,so sorry if I offended you by my comments to Michael, I must say I find your analysis of my motives very entertaining though wide of the mark.Perhaps my play on words was too subtle for you to comprehend or maybe taking a rise out of someone who occasionally takes themselves too seriously is not part of your culture.
For the record I'm a great admirer of Michael's pictures and his depth of knowledge on all matters photographic but I do like to poke the bear every now and again just to make sure he is paying attention.

Am I really that wide off the mark? I doubt it. Pretending it was all funny talk after the fact ist the usual excuse if someone (in this case me) gets across seriousy, at least thats my experience. I dont buy that. Also I dont like subtleties when it comes to critique, I prefer saying it straight, tends to avoid misunderstandings.

Christian Miersch

seany

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 08:20:15 am »

Quote from: Christian Miersch
Am I really that wide off the mark? I doubt it. Pretending it was all funny talk after the fact ist the usual excuse if someone (in this case me) gets across seriousy, at least thats my experience. I dont buy that. Also I dont like subtleties when it comes to critique, I prefer saying it straight, tends to avoid misunderstandings.

Christian Miersch
Christian you are entitled to your opinion and there is no point in me trying to dissuade you, however I too am entitled to the same rights.
Seany

cmi

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 03:34:44 pm »

Quote from: seany
Christian you are entitled to your opinion and there is no point in me trying to dissuade you, however I too am entitled to the same rights.
Seany

Call it opinion, call it how you want. I have nothing to add to what I said.

And who would I be wanting to prevent anyone from expressing his thoughts? I dont hinder you. Do whatever you want.

Thats my last comment here.

daws

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 03:50:42 am »

No doubt about it, this thread is cursed. Which is why I've called in Nita N'gimbu, famous Kenyan exorcist and former high fashion model, to deal with the demons. She doesn't work cheap, but don't worry.

I'm billing it to Michael.

Tklimek

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 12:34:48 pm »

Ok...I've just completed all of the videos and it was definitely a good value for the price.

I have one disappointment though......no "wrap up" with Michael and Seth drinking wine or going to the local pub and discussing the future?  Bummer!!  I was getting really used to that cool kind of informal wrap up session......if I might make a recommendation to include that in all of the video tutorials....  :-)

I'll have to watch the videos again, as I normally watch them the first time through just to wrap my mind around the subject and then a second time taking notes of items that are applicable to me.

Thanks again for the great video!

Cheers.....

Todd in Chicago

Quote from: michael
Oh please, give me a break.

That's like talking about learning how to drive a race car and then complaining about it because you already have a regular driver's license. One has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Watch the preview clip (not just the teaser), and then tell me if this is not new and special information that goes beyond the basics. Much beyond.

I'm something of an expert on Lightroom, but I learned a great deal from Seth during the production of this video. I make no apologies for that. I'm always learning something new, and one of the things I learned a long time ago is to engage brain before putting mouth in gear. No driver's license required.

Michael

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 01:04:57 pm »

Quote from: Tklimek
I have one disappointment though......no "wrap up" with Michael and Seth drinking wine or going to the local pub and discussing the future?  Bummer!!  I was getting really used to that cool kind of informal wrap up session......if I might make a recommendation to include that in all of the video tutorials....  :-)

Ahh you will then definitely need the CS4 update for L-L Guide to Raw Processing in Photoshop which was shot at the same time. You will have the mixed pleasure of continued 'Shirt Wars' and the addition of salty Miami Beach shenanigans with all three - four?     - of us.

Also LLVJ-19 will feature an interview of Seth by Michael as they tipple alfresco on Seth's balcony...

Tklimek

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 01:24:39 pm »

Whooohooo!!

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!  ;-)

I know it's rude to ask, but customers are such PITA's.... ;-)  Any timeline for those?

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago

Quote from: ChrisSand
Ahh you will then definitely need the CS4 update for L-L Guide to Raw Processing in Photoshop which was shot at the same time. You will have the mixed pleasure of continued 'Shirt Wars' and the addition of salty Miami Beach shenanigans with all three - four?     - of us.

Also LLVJ-19 will feature an interview of Seth by Michael as they tipple alfresco on Seth's balcony...

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 01:32:20 pm »

Quote from: Tklimek
Any timeline for those?
Always a dangerous question to answer but I am working on the Raw Processing in CS4 update now and it should be published in about a month or so. LLVJ-19? It will be late-ish '09  

jeremyrh

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 10:47:04 am »

Quote from: drm
er, surely Schewe's answer was a parody of yours ?

Dangerous thing, satire on the internet....

I had assumed that the first post was, itself, a deliberate joke .... ?

seany

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2009, 04:14:46 pm »

Quote from: jeremyrh
I had assumed that the first post was, itself, a deliberate joke .... ?

Spot on

JPrimgaard

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2009, 12:05:22 pm »

I kind of skipped through the posts here, but would like to add for those who may be looking here for confirmation as to the value of this tutorial.

This is my third tutorial from this site and by far, for me, this was the most beneficial (and I found the others to be just fantastic).

DAM was a major nut for me to crack.  Not so much the basic concepts, it was the how to make the software do what I needed issues.  This tutorial was very well detailed in the "nitty gritty" of what goes on "inside the box" so to speak.

If you're sitting with thousands of files scattered amongst drives and folders wondering how to get your head around it or are just starting out and want a solid base from which to start building your collection, then you have got to get this video!

If you don't have a good DAM system you will regret it later.

Jake

svein-frode

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2009, 05:21:36 pm »

The new tutorial perfectly compliments the old tutorial. I can't compliment MR and his friends enough for the education they've brough to my livingroom up here in the Arctic. I'd still be sorting slides on the lighttable if it weren't for MR.  Keep up the good work and don't let the grumpy few distract you!
Svein-Frode, Arctic Norway
 [url=http://w
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up