Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS3 stopped working as external editor from LR2.3  (Read 1947 times)

andyptak

CS3 stopped working as external editor from LR2.3
« on: June 09, 2009, 09:46:02 am »

This happened all of a sudden. When I am in LR and go to "Edit in CS3", the Photoshop screen appears, but the shot is not visible or available. Sometimes I get an error message about the ICC profile, but usually I get nothing. I have re-launched both programs and optimized LR, but to no avail. I'm stumped. anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Nat Coalson

• http://www.NatCoalson.com/
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 10:31:05 am »

When you run the Edit in Photoshop command, is Lightroom giving you a dialog box telling you that you need the latest versions of PS, ACR etc for predictable results? I forget the exact text... but I'm wondering if LR is waiting for you to click a button before it actually opens the file in PS.

On that note, as the message says, for "maximum compatibility" you do need to be using the most recent versions of all the software involved.

That said I've been able to keep using CS3 with no problems; just a minor irritation on the warning dialog box.

Finally, Re: ICC profile warnings - ideally, you should use the same working space in PS as the one you're rendering out from Lightroom. This will keep the message from appearing as well as ensure uniformity in color between the two apps.
Nathaniel Coalson
Author of [url=http://

once2work

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 09:01:07 pm »

Quote from: andyptak
This happened all of a sudden. When I am in LR and go to "Edit in CS3", the Photoshop screen appears, but the shot is not visible or available. Sometimes I get an error message about the ICC profile, but usually I get nothing. I have re-launched both programs and optimized LR, but to no avail. I'm stumped. anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

I found the same problem as you do since the LR2.3 first for download, I post the issue on this forum and a gentleman said “why I say that”, I believe he haven’t actually use it, it don't support "Edit in CS3" the window pop out on my Mac as you said and ask me upgrade to PS CS4. My solution is uninstalling the LR and reinstall then upgrade to LR2.2 only. Since LR2.2 support my Canon 50D and 5D Mk 2 so it is good enough to me. More important I can shuttle my file between both software, it is fast for my wedding assignment for over thousand pictures finish in couple days after the shot with all the retouching applied.
Pages: [1]   Go Up