Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Giottos tripod head  (Read 2103 times)

DarkPenguin

Giottos tripod head
« on: June 06, 2009, 04:26:30 pm »

Piecing together a new tripod/head setup.  This one needs to be light.

I'm looking at the Giottos MH 1302.  Anyone have this?  It looks to be very light and seems to get some decent reviews.  One review is from birds as art.  They also sell it so I'm not sure I can trust that.  The most it would have to hold would be a X0D body with 200mm lens.

I might put a quick release on it.  (I think I have an extra kirk clamp laying around.)  Might not just to save weight.

I like my bh-3 a lot but my spine still isn't completely happy.

Farkled

Giottos tripod head
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 01:28:21 pm »

Don't know if this is responsive or not, but one of the lightest and best heads out there is the Acratech GV2.  It's probably worth a look.

DarkPenguin

Giottos tripod head
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 02:09:24 pm »

That looks good but is more than I really want to spend.

NigelC

Giottos tripod head
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 05:05:41 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Piecing together a new tripod/head setup.  This one needs to be light.

I'm looking at the Giottos MH 1302.  Anyone have this?  It looks to be very light and seems to get some decent reviews.  One review is from birds as art.  They also sell it so I'm not sure I can trust that.  The most it would have to hold would be a X0D body with 200mm lens.

I might put a quick release on it.  (I think I have an extra kirk clamp laying around.)  Might not just to save weight.

I like my bh-3 a lot but my spine still isn't completely happy.
Yes I have 1302-652, the one with quick release plate. I think its good for the money, about £70 in UK - I expect there are better ball heads, but not at that price. I have used it wit 5D, 300/3 and 21.4X converter without problems

DarkPenguin

Giottos tripod head
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2009, 08:58:06 pm »

Quote from: NigelC
Yes I have 1302-652, the one with quick release plate. I think its good for the money, about £70 in UK - I expect there are better ball heads, but not at that price. I have used it wit 5D, 300/3 and 21.4X converter without problems

Without a clamp (I have a kirk spare laying around from when I upgraded my BH-3's clamp.) it is like $75.  Very reasonable.  Sounds like it should work fine with my 40D and great with my G1.

Very cool!  Thanks!

NigelC

Giottos tripod head
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 04:31:38 am »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Without a clamp (I have a kirk spare laying around from when I upgraded my BH-3's clamp.) it is like $75.  Very reasonable.  Sounds like it should work fine with my 40D and great with my G1.

Very cool!  Thanks!

Sorry typo - I meant 300/4 + 1.4X
Pages: [1]   Go Up