Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PHASE ONE IMPORT PROBLEMS  (Read 9608 times)

jkrolleston

PHASE ONE IMPORT PROBLEMS
« on: May 31, 2009, 05:02:56 pm »

Hi all, new to this , but would really appreciate your help. Just bought D90. Took some images in raw and jpeg. Updated phase one 4 to latest version. Tried to import images..nothing ! Pictures can be viewed "in camera", but nothing when I try to import them ? I have tried 2 different (though both brand new sd cards) and have used 2 different card readers (which worked fine on my 40D). It appears my computer (and Capture One 4) will not "see" these images on the sd cards.

Panopeeper

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 05:19:13 pm »

That's because you locked the caps.
Gabor

jkrolleston

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 05:21:41 pm »

Sorry, I did what ?

Quote from: Panopeeper
That's because you locked the caps.

James R

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 06:32:51 pm »

Are you using the latest version of CO 4?  If so, contact Phase One, they should be able to clear this up or at least open a service ticket.

jkrolleston

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 03:48:23 am »

Hi James,

Thanks for that. Yes, when I started experiencing the problem, I updated to the latest version. I have also taken your suggestion and emailed Phase One for their thoughts,
Keith

Quote from: James R
Are you using the latest version of CO 4?  If so, contact Phase One, they should be able to clear this up or at least open a service ticket.

jkrolleston

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 03:49:08 am »

Thanks John

Quote from: John-S
In the meantime, just copy the files to a folder on your system and open that folder in CO 4.8. Importing from the card is not the end of the world. I never do that anyway. File management is more important to me than sucking in files as fast as possible.

jkrolleston

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 05:09:07 pm »

I cannot get my computer to recognise images taken on my brand new D90. I can view images in camera, but computer will not see them. i have tried different 4 different brand new sd cards, 2 different card readers and even plugged cards direct into my computer. I format each card in camera and have taken images in both raw and jpeg formats, but still my computer will not even see them.
i am using latest version of Phase one 4 for the raw files and Adobe CS3 for the jpegs.
If I plug the camera(WITH SD CARD LOADED) direct into computer "D90" appears on my screen, but no indication of any images or anything else appears.

jkrolleston

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 05:27:49 pm »

I bought 2 brand new SDHC cards today. Formatted them in camera, took raw on one card and jpegs on the other. When I plug either card directly into my computer...absolutely nothing happens.  Yet, If I take an SD card from my daughter's camera and plug it into my computer...bingo...it recognises the card and asks me what to do with the images ? I just seems my pc will not recognise any SD card that has been formatted/used in my camera ?

James R

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 06:20:20 pm »

Quote from: jkrolleston
I cannot get my computer to recognise images taken on my brand new D90. I can view images in camera, but computer will not see them. i have tried different 4 different brand new sd cards, 2 different card readers and even plugged cards direct into my computer. I format each card in camera and have taken images in both raw and jpeg formats, but still my computer will not even see them.
i am using latest version of Phase one 4 for the raw files and Adobe CS3 for the jpegs.
If I plug the camera(WITH SD CARD LOADED) direct into computer "D90" appears on my screen, but no indication of any images or anything else appears.

Check your version of ACR.  I believe the D90 was supported in version 4.6.

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 10:43:47 am »

Maybe your importing device doesn't support SDHC cards. I have two USB devices that work fine with SD cards but they don't work with SDHC.

beamon

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 12:08:29 pm »

Quote from: tomrock
Maybe your importing device doesn't support SDHC cards. I have two USB devices that work fine with SD cards but they don't work with SDHC.
I think Tomrock is on to it here. Try formatting your daughter's plain SD card in your camera, take a few pics then see if they are recognized by your PC. If your PC is several years old it may well not handle SDHC cards, only SD cards.
Roger
Leica M6, M8.2 & assorted Leica glass

jkrolleston

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009, 08:48:21 am »

yes guys, "tomrock" hit the nail on the head. Neither my laptop or card reader could read the newer SDHC cards. Got a new card reader and all works fine.
Thanks for all your efforts !
Keith
Pages: [1]   Go Up