Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent or Non Recent Professional Works  (Read 248526 times)

Rob C

Recent or Non Recent Professional Works
« Reply #300 on: April 26, 2010, 02:56:44 pm »

Quote from: SecondFocus
I recently took a Leica M7 loaded with Tri-X into the gym for a workout shoot. Lost of fun for a change, no extra lighting, no bulky gear. Just me, a camera and the  guy I was shooting.

More on My Blog

Do you think it'll ever catch on? I wish.

Rob C

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #301 on: April 27, 2010, 10:28:53 am »

Quote from: Rob C

Rob C

Actually I do mix in my film photographs in my magazine assignments and such as often as I can. I used to use a Contax G1 in the gym sometimes but I found the autofocus to be a real hindrance, too slow, and I could never get used to the focus adjustment on top of the body. The Leica was so much better and the big bright viewfinder made all the difference.

I also use my Mamiya 645AFDII with film in the gym and next will be pressing my Canon 1V back into service. Whenever my film photos appear, especially black and white, the response is really exceptional.
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

fredjeang

« Reply #302 on: April 27, 2010, 04:13:21 pm »

Quote from: Rob C

Rob C
Rob, when younger I stupidly put myself in this because I was skiny and my ego was suffering a non-resolved complex.
I went really far in silly inflated muscles race. This was one the stupiest thing I've ever done in my life.
The good thing is that I could lift my girlfriend with one arm.   Silly really...

lightstand

« Reply #303 on: April 27, 2010, 04:45:36 pm »

[attachment=21714:EastPntBay.jpg]

New pano from Florida

Rob C

« Reply #304 on: July 02, 2010, 09:28:31 am »

Quote from: fredjeang
Rob, when younger I stupidly put myself in this because I was skiny and my ego was suffering a non-resolved complex.
I went really far in silly inflated muscles race. This was one the stupiest thing I've ever done in my life.
The good thing is that I could lift my girlfriend with one arm.   Silly really...

Fred

I was actually referring to the use of film - I knew that SecondFocus uses film quite a lot and I was trying to make a sort of 'I wish' joke, a soft teardrop for a largely lost art...

On the muscles side - I still am skinny despite having a spare tyre in the middle - and when young I used to do around 120 - 130 press-ups before going to bed every night; that's between the age of 15 and perhaps 29 or so... got nice pecs but they are now closer to boobs, so unless you are going to keep doing that mind-bending stuff all your life, I would leave it well alone. You pay later.

On the other hand, your partner never needs a 'headache': she's usually asleep before you finish the exercises.

;- (

Rob C
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 09:30:13 am by Rob C »

MarkoMijailovic

• MRKM FOTO
« Reply #305 on: July 05, 2010, 02:26:16 am »

« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 02:29:52 am by MarkoMijailovic »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #306 on: July 05, 2010, 03:29:09 am »

Quote from: MarkoMijailovic
sorry, how do i get the image as a small thumbnail? i'm new...  
Use the "choose file" and "upload" buttons, then "manage current attachments". Don't insert a link.

Nice shot. I assume he didn't want to appear cuddly!

Jeremy

Derryck

• http://www.derryckmenere.com
« Reply #307 on: July 26, 2010, 07:23:46 pm »

I've been living in a hotel for the past six weeks on a huge 32 day shoot and during that time we've had some pretty impressive electrical storms. This one was taken last week out of my hotel room looking over the city of Hangzhou 2hrs south of Shanghai. 10sec exposure at f4, 100iso.

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #308 on: July 27, 2010, 01:07:32 am »

Quote from: Derryck
I've been living in a hotel for the past six weeks on a huge 32 day shoot and during that time we've had some pretty impressive electrical storms. This one was taken last week out of my hotel room looking over the city of Hangzhou 2hrs south of Shanghai. 10sec exposure at f4, 100iso.

Nice bit of fireworks you have there!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Re: Recent or Non Recent Professional Works
« Reply #309 on: August 13, 2010, 07:34:01 pm »

Nice bit of fireworks you have there!

Indeed it is. And to keep on topic - shot earlier this evening at Scheveningen fireworks competition, British team. For those in Holland there's one more day of fireworks tomorrow.

Pretty much straight out of the camera, quick attempt at white balance (where on earth can I get an X-Rite Passport in Europe?). Canon 550D, Sigma 14mm, ISO 100, f/8, 7 secs. Test drove my brand new Acratech Ultimate Ballhead which lived up to it's name.

Time for bed.

hsmeets

« Reply #310 on: August 22, 2010, 05:46:37 am »

Cheers,

Huib

peterurban

• Be kind.
    • Peter Urban's little place on the web
« Reply #311 on: August 24, 2010, 07:11:31 pm »

Nice work.
Peter Urban
Courteous Explorer | Photographer | Dog Lover - Passionate about nature, people, technology and design.

MrSmith

« Reply #312 on: September 04, 2010, 10:09:20 am »

5dII 90 T-SE.   finally got round to shooting some tests for my still life book.
hardly any retouch on this (unusual for me  ;D )

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
« Reply #313 on: September 04, 2010, 10:27:51 am »

5dII 90 T-SE.   finally got round to shooting some tests for my still life book.
hardly any retouch on this (unusual for me  ;D )

Wow, Britney can do anything!

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #314 on: October 26, 2010, 09:38:41 pm »

From a recent shoot...

Ian L. Sitren

Rob C

« Reply #315 on: October 27, 2010, 02:28:20 pm »

From a recent shoot...

You're doing this to me on purpose, aren't you? My favourite pose, my favourite style of hair, a lovely looking chick in a great location and all of it beyond my reach anymore!

Beautiful shot!

;-)

Rob C

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #316 on: October 27, 2010, 02:38:04 pm »

Thanks! And just to make you feel worse, she is a really nice person too and fun to be around :)

You're doing this to me on purpose, aren't you? My favourite pose, my favourite style of hair, a lovely looking chick in a great location and all of it beyond my reach anymore!

Beautiful shot!

;-)

Rob C
Ian L. Sitren

Rob C

« Reply #317 on: October 28, 2010, 12:41:58 pm »

One of the latest studio's works: http://www.pepe-botella.com/editorial-noelia-lopez-DT/noelia-lopez-dt.html

Fred, do you think she would spend a week in Mallorca for €50 a day - you can explain it's the going rate here and that she should count herself lucky to get the offer of such a long contract in this economic crisis...

(In case something is lost in translation, that's a joke!)

But I had a great afternoon here on the island. I shamed myself into starting to dust the place, and before I began I thought I'd play some records, something I haven't done in at least two years. I lifted the perspex cover and it felt heavy; so I looked more closely. There was something grey sitting along the rear edge of the turntable and the lid couldn't quite move it away.

So, I put on my glasses and thought I saw it move a bit, a scorpion, I thought. Getting up close to sniffing distance, I realised that it wasn't dust or scorpion, it was friggin' ants carrying eggs in their mouths (well, I couldn't actually see their mouths, but I took a guess). So, I ran into the kitchen and pulled out the aspirador de polvo thing and started to hose them with vacuum, a neat trick if you can do it. Anyway, they kept coming, so I abandoned that plan and went back to the kitchen and got out the Cruz Verde Bloom! Having soaked the turntable, I realised I'd forgotten to isolate it at the plug. Then, having done that, I went on to remove the rubber mat from the platten and through the inspection holes in the metal I saw them: a damn nest of the mothers! Millions of eggs and parents angry at the interruption.

Back with the vacuum, I transferred them all into the paper bag, which is still in the machine and, I hope, they are all dead.

And to think I'd started the morning imagining I might actually go back out today and take some snaps.

Oh, vinyl sounds great after CDs, tapes and streamed radio, Faron Young and Doctor Hook notwithstanding.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #318 on: October 28, 2010, 03:17:14 pm »

Rob, we could make and arrangement and try to convince her to go to Mallorca for 50/day, but you need to cook a typical scotish haggis then! (and of course, bring some Jurançon glasses).

Or, you show her your Brigitte Bardot serie and she would surely be convinced.

Cheers.

Fred

I'm willing to drive over to France and pop some boxes of Jurançon into Rusty's trunk, but the haggis is a test too far; I guess the poor girl will have to miss the 'opportunity' of spending a week on the island with me... what kind of agent are you, anyway, making deals like that?

I've just been watching a BBC TV special on Keith Richards; enjoyed every single minute. Those were the days, as I might, just might, have mentioned before.

Rob C

EDIT: where did you get the Tom Cruise picture? ;-)

Rob C

« Reply #319 on: October 28, 2010, 03:25:54 pm »

One of the latest studio's works: http://www.pepe-botella.com/editorial-noelia-lopez-DT/noelia-lopez-dt.html

The penultimate shot.

Just look at those fingers. It's those detail that so many girls are simply not aware of, or even understand. No Prendergast there, just straight femininity at its best! Boy, oh boy. What appeal power stations?

Rob C
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up