Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panasonic LX3K with Leica Dlux4 leather case  (Read 4365 times)

dalethorn

Panasonic LX3K with Leica Dlux4 leather case
« on: May 27, 2009, 11:08:34 pm »

Having recently bought the G1 and ZS3, I realize I will no longer use the LX3K I bought last September. I can sell it without a memory card, but the camera, carrycase, and two extra genuine Panasonic batteries have to go together.  The best prices I found new for these items added up to about $650 U.S.  The camera has taken 1,185 photos, and is like new - no scratches etc.  I have never sold an item over the Web, so this could be an interesting experience.  I'll accept the best offer, or something close to that if it's an established person on the forum.  No negotiation please - just one final offer, thank you. Any and all questions answered per forum rules.

Camera now sold and shipped, 24 June 2009.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:14:34 pm by dalethorn »

rkhndjr

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 12:25:12 pm »

Quote from: dalethorn
Having recently bought the G1 and ZS3, I realize I will no longer use the LX3K I bought last September. I can sell it without a memory card, but the camera, carrycase, and two extra genuine Panasonic batteries have to go together.  The best prices I found new for these items added up to about $650 U.S.  The camera has taken 1,185 photos, and is like new - no scratches etc.  I have never sold an item over the Web, so this could be an interesting experience.  I'll accept the best offer, or something close to that if it's an established person on the forum.  No negotiation please - just one final offer, thank you. Any and all questions answered per forum rules.

I will take the package for $400.

rkhndjr

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 12:28:04 pm »

Quote from: rkhndjr

dalethorn

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 01:45:44 pm »

Quote from: rkhndjr

Thanks for the offer to my original offer.  I am still wanting to sell the camera, which is like new in every detail, but I've encountered some problems with selling.  A prior offer got me involved in a flurry of emails that cost me a couple of hours of lost time (eating up my $400 already).  The prospective buyer made it clear that he had so much anxiety about the quality and performance of the LX3 and its sample-to-sample variations, that he purchased several, new and used, and returned them all.  A second prospective buyer basically said the same thing, but fortunately I saw the light early on that one and opted out right away.

So I don't know whether I can sell this camera or not, but if my experience so far is any indication, I doubt it.

The actual kit is the LX3K with original box, contents, sales receipt from Panasonic, 2 additional Panasonic batteries, Leica D-Lux4 brown carrycase, and 16 gb Sandisk Ultra II SDHC card.  If the price sounds too good to be true, it's not - I gave away my FZ-50 in perfect condition to a LL member, and donated my TZ5, also in perfect condition, to the Medina Cty OH parks.  The only reason I didn't likewise donate the LX3 is because it's a highly specialized camera in today's consumer market, and giving it away meant it would wind up not being used in favor of another pocket camera with a longer zoom.

hpoto

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 11:46:06 am »

Thanks for the offer to my original offer.  I am still wanting to sell the camera, which is like new in every detail, but I've encountered some problems with selling.  A prior offer got me involved in a flurry of emails that cost me a couple of hours of lost time (eating up my $400 already).  The prospective buyer made it clear that he had so much anxiety about the quality and performance of the LX3 and its sample-to-sample variations, that he purchased several, new and used, and returned them all.  A second prospective buyer basically said the same thing, but fortunately I saw the light early on that one and opted out right away.

So I don't know whether I can sell this camera or not, but if my experience so far is any indication, I doubt it.

The actual kit is the LX3K with original box, contents, sales receipt from Panasonic, 2 additional Panasonic batteries, Leica D-Lux4 brown carrycase, and 16 gb Sandisk Ultra II SDHC card.  If the price sounds too good to be true, it's not - I gave away my FZ-50 in perfect condition to a LL member, and donated my TZ5, also in perfect condition, to the Medina Cty OH parks.  The only reason I didn't likewise donate the LX3 is because it's a highly specialized camera in today's consumer market, and giving it away meant it would wind up not being used in favor of another pocket camera with a longer zoom.

My offer is $450 ship included to Texas. No discussions, I Pay with Paypal. My offer will stand until June 24.

ricm

• http://www.richardmurai.com
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 01:29:44 pm »

Huh?!?! Your candor is refreshing but you may need some help selling your camera. Perhaps you should settle on a firm price and be done with it. This camera is in high demand and should've sold weeks ago.

Good luck!

dalethorn

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 05:43:36 pm »

Quote from: ricm
Huh?!?! Your candor is refreshing but you may need some help selling your camera. Perhaps you should settle on a firm price and be done with it. This camera is in high demand and should've sold weeks ago.
Good luck!

I doubt that it's in high demand, in spite of being in the top 10 of DPR's lookies for several months now.  I had zero offers or inquiries from May 27 through June 19, then on June 19 began the inquiries which agreed on a price of $400 immediately that day.  Good so far, eh?  So the first offer began a series of emails agonizing over the camera and whether it may be out of alignment, as was the case with the other 6 or 8 LX3's that the person bought and returned.  To make a long story short, I wasted hours and emails sending photos from the camera, and several of the camera from different angles, only to hear at the end "sorry, I don't want it after all.  Then another party immediately followed with an request to buy, and this one admitted right up front that he bought and returned quite a few of the LX3's that he wasn't satisfied with.  Needless to say, I cut that one short.  Now it looks like I have a "firm offer" from Texas - a person with one post only, no info on their account page, obviously not a regular or even an inactive former regular.

I'd say that my price for what I described is either out of bounds, or there's extremely little to no demand.

miler

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 11:36:42 am »

Good luck on your sale. As long as the warranty transfers, it shouldn't be a problem.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 08:00:49 pm by miler »

hpoto

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 08:56:54 pm »

I doubt that it's in high demand, in spite of being in the top 10 of DPR's lookies for several months now.  I had zero offers or inquiries from May 27 through June 19, then on June 19 began the inquiries which agreed on a price of $400 immediately that day.  Good so far, eh?  So the first offer began a series of emails agonizing over the camera and whether it may be out of alignment, as was the case with the other 6 or 8 LX3's that the person bought and returned.  To make a long story short, I wasted hours and emails sending photos from the camera, and several of the camera from different angles, only to hear at the end "sorry, I don't want it after all.  Then another party immediately followed with an request to buy, and this one admitted right up front that he bought and returned quite a few of the LX3's that he wasn't satisfied with.  Needless to say, I cut that one short.  Now it looks like I have a "firm offer" from Texas - a person with one post only, no info on their account page, obviously not a regular or even an inactive former regular.

I'd say that my price for what I described is either out of bounds, or there's extremely little to no demand.

What don't you ask questions to that "one Post" member, rather than ignoring him ?

dalethorn

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 10:01:54 pm »

Quote from: hpoto
What don't you ask questions to that "one Post" member, rather than ignoring him ?

Replied to private message 20 minutes ago.  If I remember the forum rules correctly for "for sale" items, all of this was supposed to be handled through provate messages, not the posts we're seeing here.

DanLehman

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 01:47:25 am »

What's the current status of the LX3?
(I have one acquaintance w/some interest in general.)
((I'm arguing w/myself about getting a 2nd. ))

--dl*
====

dalethorn

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 02:54:12 am »

Quote from: DanLehman
What's the current status of the LX3?
(I have one acquaintance w/some interest in general.)
((I'm arguing w/myself about getting a 2nd. ))
--dl*
====

I updated the first post here with the status and a photo. Actually, I'll miss it - with its Leica-like quality and that sexy Leica case, it has an amazing appeal.

hpoto

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 08:44:12 pm »

Dale,
Since it is to compliment you, I feel it is appropriate for me to post this.

I am so glad to have purchased this  camera from you. After a bumpy start, the transaction was smooth and perfect. The items are exactly as described.
The only and main thing is to test the camera but something tells me it will pass without a problem.
The only surprise so far was the leather (type) Leica pouch that had a couple of wear marks, this only comforts me in the usefulness of this accessory.
Not only the gear was perfectly packaged and shipped it was done just like I would have done it myself.
I am taking the plane early in the morning and all I need to do is slip the camera in my bag.
To only reinforce the quality of the packing, I have to tell you that I have received today from Amazon 3 other packages and I am returning 2 of them that have either been so poorly protected that one item is very likely damaged (hard drive) and another one (a Nikon Lens) is lacking the warranty.

Next time you sell something, just email me.
Thanks
Pascal

Camera now sold and shipped, 24 June 2009.

dalethorn

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 12:55:17 am »

Quote from: hpoto
The only surprise so far was the leather (type) Leica pouch that had a couple of wear marks, this only comforts me in the usefulness of this accessory.
Not only the gear was perfectly packaged and shipped it was done just like I would have done it myself.
To only reinforce the quality of the packing, I have to tell you that I have received today from Amazon 3 other packages and I am returning 2 of them that have either been so poorly protected that one item is very likely damaged (hard drive) and another one (a Nikon Lens) is lacking the warranty.

Just a couple of notes that may be of interest to others here.
I try to keep my equipment like new as much as possible, and scratch free. However, the Leica leather case has a projection that typically faces out, and because of the way it's worn on the shoulder, there is no practical way to protect it, other than applying leather treatments.
I have found over many years that shipping UPS is very safe, *if* you pack an item securely and take it to the actual UPS office directly. OTOH, if you take your self-wrapped package to the UPS store, you're asking for trouble, as my irreplaceable FMI speakers and Toshiba laptop (destroyed) can attest to. If you let the UPS store wrap the package, and pay their fee, no problem.  Not a fluke - we shipped about 20 boxes from California over a period of a week, and all were badly damaged.  In my nine years of experience shipping thousands of items by UPS directly, this was never the case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up