Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mid June - Where would you go?  (Read 1996 times)

davewolfs

Mid June - Where would you go?
« on: May 27, 2009, 01:07:07 am »

Hey everyone,

I have around a weeks time in mid June to basically take the time to visit some great parks.  My wife and I will be going to San Francisco for a few days before beginning our trip so naturally I thought visit the Eastern are or some part of California.  

Given that this might not be the best time of the year for photographic opportunities, I am open to other recommendations in possibly Utah or Arizona since both of these areas are a short flight away.

So that said, if you had a week to explore in mid June where would you go

Thanks,

Dave
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:07:40 am by davewolfs »

dalethorn

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 07:54:58 am »

Quote from: davewolfs
Hey everyone,
I have around a weeks time in mid June to basically take the time to visit some great parks.  My wife and I will be going to San Francisco for a few days before beginning our trip so naturally I thought visit the Eastern are or some part of California.  
Given that this might not be the best time of the year for photographic opportunities, I am open to other recommendations in possibly Utah or Arizona since both of these areas are a short flight away.
So that said, if you had a week to explore in mid June where would you go
Thanks,
Dave

Going inland, the desertscapes are nice, but hot, and take up lots of time because of the distances. Mountains are good, not as hot, but still require lots of time to get around. A better bet for me would be the coast, from South of San Jose down to the Northmost part of Malibu. Beautiful landscapes, water, perfect weather.

davewolfs

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 08:29:04 am »

Quote from: dalethorn
Going inland, the desertscapes are nice, but hot, and take up lots of time because of the distances. Mountains are good, not as hot, but still require lots of time to get around. A better bet for me would be the coast, from South of San Jose down to the Northmost part of Malibu. Beautiful landscapes, water, perfect weather.

We actually did that last year, didn't go as far to Malibu but enjoyed ourselves in Big Sur, Carmel, etc.  Also, we are from Florida, so I think I'd prefer desert or mountains.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 08:30:15 am by davewolfs »
Pages: [1]   Go Up