Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Color Mgt Settings in Z3100 Driver (WinXP)  (Read 1814 times)

wsolum

Color Mgt Settings in Z3100 Driver (WinXP)
« on: May 20, 2009, 11:48:26 am »

The Color Management tab (WinXP) in the HP Z3100 printer driver confuses me.  What should it be set to?  When I select a profile for output in QImage or Photoshop, is it overriding this setting?  What settings should I be using to get the best results?

[attachment=13825:ColorMgtTab.jpg]

Thanks,
Wayne

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 12:06:57 pm »

Quote from: wsolum
The Color Management tab (WinXP) in the HP Z3100 printer driver confuses me.  What should it be set to?  When I select a profile for output in QImage or Photoshop, is it overriding this setting?  What settings should I be using to get the best results?

[attachment=13825:ColorMgtTab.jpg]

Thanks,
Wayne

Wayne,

Make a default in the Z3100 printer driver (start>settings>printer,faxes>Z3100>preferences>printing shortcut with a name + apply)  that has the CM settings Color + application CM. Next time you go to the driver in Qimage you will most likely see that default setting so Qimage has to do the CM. Select the paper ICC profile in Qimage + perceptual or relative colormetric + BPC. That lets Qimage do the CM and avoids double profiling. Sure the Z3100 driver defaults to printer CM but that has been done by HP to help users that have applications without CM.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

wsolum

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 04:38:43 pm »

Quote from: Ernst Dinkla
Wayne,

Make a default in the Z3100 printer driver (start>settings>printer,faxes>Z3100>preferences>printing shortcut with a name + apply)  that has the CM settings Color + application CM. Next time you go to the driver in Qimage you will most likely see that default setting so Qimage has to do the CM. Select the paper ICC profile in Qimage + perceptual or relative colormetric + BPC. That lets Qimage do the CM and avoids double profiling. Sure the Z3100 driver defaults to printer CM but that has been done by HP to help users that have applications without CM.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Okay, so I probably have been doing it correctly -- I just had to check for the color settings each time I opened QImage and switched papers.  I'll create the shortcut you suggest.

Thanks,
Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up