Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: artec v2 arrived here  (Read 23359 times)

paratom

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2009, 05:30:45 am »

I Germany there was a posibility where you could test the arTec together with a Sinarback for free.
1 week after I heard about it I had an arTec in my hand.

And then there was the promo where you could buy it and try it for 2 weeks with the psoibility to send it back if you dont want it.

Its a shame that it seems to be so more complicated to get hands on an arTec in the US.

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2009, 07:42:55 am »

I decided to exit the MFDB platform.
If ever I would entry again,for my work(architecture) the artec is the best platform out there.
It does everything you would need.
What would be great if they would offer a non slide handhold version as well.
Regards,
Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

paratom

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2009, 10:05:21 am »

Quote from: rethmeier
...What would be great if they would offer a non slide handhold version as well.
Regards,
Willem.
I totally agree

MHFA

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2009, 10:12:11 am »

"The latest Sinar branded Schneider lens I've seen was a Symmar S from the 80's."

And the Hy 6 lenses ? The M Series Lenses ?

For a wideangle camera only Linos offers the whole range (23mm with shift) of lenses.
What Schneider lenses you are missing?
If a brand makes a good deal at the end also the customers makes benefit of it.

And on the SINAR homepage there are Leaf, Sinar, Phase One and Hasselblad Backs on the Artec.

tho_mas

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2009, 10:23:31 am »

Quote from: MHFA
What Schneider lenses you are missing?
at least the Digitar 47XL. But actually all Digitars with significantly bigger image circles as the respective HR lenses.

And on the SINAR homepage there are Leaf, Sinar, Phase One and Hasselblad Backs on the Artec.
only with V-mount

asf

• http://www.adamfriedberg.com
artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2009, 10:39:41 am »

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't think about those MF cameras.

That said, the latest Sinar branded lens I've seen is a Symmar S from the 80's

I'm in NYC and have never seen an M or Hy-6, not here or anywhere else in the US. I've seen plenty of AFi's. I've been in stores and seen people buy AFi's. Many times. The only Sinar branded lenses I've ever seen in person are LF type board mounted ones. Going back to the 90's (80's? I'm getting old) almost without exception they have been Rodenstock.

I'm not complaining about the ArTec or it's available lenses or accessories. When it was announced I enquired about buying one. I would have liked one with the lenses available. I have 2 of those lenses for my Alpa now, they're great. But it's not wise to  want something you can't get, and that seems to be the case with a lot of Sinar stuff in the US and Canada now and for the last couple years. Sinar was the dominant player here for a long time but I have not personally met a photographer who uses their backs or cameras newer than the p series.

MHFA

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2009, 10:41:39 am »

Quote from: tho_mas
at least the Digitar 47XL. But actually all Digitars with significantly bigger image circles as the respective HR lenses.

only with V-mount
Hasselblad has a new back with V-Mount and the camera has a limited shift so not every lens makes sense. Also the image circles of the Rodenstock lenses are in practice larger than it seems.

Michael Heinrich

asf

• http://www.adamfriedberg.com
artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2009, 11:01:22 am »

Can someone point me to an online price list for the ArTec lenses? Tekno AG doesn't list the ArTec, sinar.ch lists Vistek as the Canadian distributor but Vistek doesn't seem to sell Sinar...

Michael points out the Rodenstock lenses exclusivity may result in a better price on those lenses, so I wanted to compare prices between those lenses in Cambo, Sinar and Alpa mounts (roughly a similar comparison).

Sinar not selling more than one lens brand was not a factor in my not buying the ArTec. Not being able to easily buy the camera from a local dealer was.

MHFA

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2009, 12:36:09 pm »

The distribution seems to be a problem of SINAR. Why don`t you mail to SINAR Swiss what are the actual prices?

tho_mas

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2009, 01:29:12 pm »

Hasselblad has a new back with V-Mount
great!
I already have a DB. Unfortunatley (actually fortunately) with Contax mount. I wouldn't consider to sell my Contax outfit... it's quite nice.
Why don't they just provide an interface - we are talking about a trivial metal plate here!
and the camera has a limited shift so not every lens makes sense. Also the image circles of the Rodenstock lenses are in practice larger than it seems.
which of the HR lenses can be used to the limits of movements the arTec is capable of (+/-20 lateral and +25/-15 vertical)???
From this point of view the movements of the arTec are a waste. With the Digitars they would make sense in the first place.

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2009, 01:59:12 pm »

great!
I already have a DB. Unfortunatley (actually fortunately) with Contax mount. I wouldn't consider to sell my Contax outfit... it's quite nice.
Why don't they just provide an interface - we are talking about a trivial metal plate here!
 which of the HR lenses can be used to the limits of movements the arTec is capable of (+/-20 lateral and +25/-15 vertical)???
From this point of view the movements of the arTec are a waste. With the Digitars they would make sense in the first place.
the rodenstock 45/55/70/90/135 is in the planned lens line from the artec and all have movements till the max. of the artec.
with the 35 it hasnt much sense to move it over max 15mm in any case, nor with rodenstock nor with schneider, except you accept unsharp outer zones but why than hi resolution backs?
that there arent other mounts available is a big pity/mistake i.m.o. and i dont know or understand why.
hope that that will change in future, but dont have info about at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 02:02:26 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

ynp

• http://
artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2009, 02:03:29 pm »

Quote from: asf
Can someone point me to an online price list for the ArTec lenses? Tekno AG doesn't list the ArTec, sinar.ch lists Vistek as the Canadian distributor but Vistek doesn't seem to sell Sinar...

Michael points out the Rodenstock lenses exclusivity may result in a better price on those lenses, so I wanted to compare prices between those lenses in Cambo, Sinar and Alpa mounts (roughly a similar comparison).

Sinar not selling more than one lens brand was not a factor in my not buying the ArTec. Not being able to easily buy the camera from a local dealer was.

http://www.photal.nl/fabrikanten/Prijslijs...uari%202009.pdf

tho_mas

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2009, 02:07:30 pm »

Quote from: rainer_v
the rodenstock 45/55/70/90/135 is in the planned lens line from the artec and all have movements till the max. of the artec.
Hi Rainer,
are you referring to the "Apo Sironar Digital" lenses (so the non HR)? Or to a future series of lenses?

rainer_v

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2009, 02:45:49 pm »

Hi Rainer,
are you referring to the "Apo Sironar Digital" lenses (so the non HR)? Or to a future series of lenses?
Apo Sironar Digital, not sure how the 70mm is branded but it has also a big circle. btw. the 60HR can be shifted nearly 20mm too.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

tho_mas

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2009, 04:35:52 pm »

Quote from: rainer_v
Apo Sironar Digital, not sure how the 70mm is branded but it has also a big circle. btw. the 60HR can be shifted nearly 20mm too.
According to the specs the Apo Sironar Digital (non HR) are designed for pixelpitch up to 9 microns. The Digitars up to 6 microns and the HR up to 5 microns.
Don't know which of the non HR resolve good enough for a highres back but the one I tested was poor with (any) movements on the P45.
The 47XL @f11 holds sharpness well enough up to 17mm shift on the P45 (with 6.8 microns). Of course there is sharpness fall of but it's still okay. 20mm is too much as long as you need sharpness in the respective area.
I could very well work with lenses that are a bit limited in (diagonal) movements but I would always appreciate to have the 47XL with its huge image circle as an option for stitching.
Am curious about the new "Digaron-W" lenses...

paratom

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2009, 05:41:47 pm »

According to the specs the Apo Sironar Digital (non HR) are designed for pixelpitch up to 9 microns. The Digitars up to 6 microns and the HR up to 5 microns.
Don't know which of the non HR resolve good enough for a highres back but the one I tested was poor with (any) movements on the P45.
The 47XL @f11 holds sharpness well enough up to 17mm shift on the P45 (with 6.8 microns). Of course there is sharpness fall of but it's still okay. 20mm is too much as long as you need sharpness in the respective area.
I could very well work with lenses that are a bit limited in (diagonal) movements but I would always appreciate to have the 47XL with its huge image circle as an option for stitching.
Am curious about the new "Digaron-W" lenses...

from my first attempts the 35hr looks pretty good in the corners even when shiftet 12mm. So now the difference in image circle doesnt sound as large as from just lookin to the specs.
I am also suspicious how the 40 hr and 70hr will work.

tho_mas

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2009, 06:03:40 pm »

Quote from: paratom
from my first attempts the 35hr looks pretty good in the corners even when shiftet 12mm. So now the difference in image circle doesnt sound as large as from just lookin to the specs.
yes, thanks! I am always reading carefully what Rainer and others say about the HRs especially regarding the real amount of shift. 12mm with a 35mm is great! If the 60HR goes up to nearly 20mm I'll take a serious look at it (if possible) as I am thinking about a Digitar 72 right now. If the 60HR is better... it is better and I'll take it. Though the Digitar 72 must be a great lens, too. But at this focal length I find it usefull to use it wide open (what is basically not the strength of the Digitars... but for me personally not a problem with wide angles). Anyway... the 47XL is an exception even in the Digitar line ... the image circle is really huge and it's a perfect lens for stitching (I get twice the resolution of the P45 at really remarkable quality... and even a bit more. If you think about uprezzing this is a serious factor that adds to IQ in the final product, i.e. printed image).
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 06:04:09 pm by tho_mas »

rainer_v

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2009, 06:21:50 pm »

yes, thanks! I am always reading carefully what Rainer and others say about the HRs especially regarding the real amount of shift. 12mm with a 35mm is great! If the 60HR goes up to nearly 20mm I'll take a serious look at it (if possible) as I am thinking about a Digitar 72 right now. If the 60HR is better... it is better and I'll take it. Though the Digitar 72 must be a great lens, too. But at this focal length I find it usefull to use it wide open (what is basically not the strength of the Digitars... but for me personally not a problem with wide angles). Anyway... the 47XL is an exception even in the Digitar line ... the image circle is really huge and it's a perfect lens for stitching (I get twice the resolution of the P45 at really remarkable quality... and even a bit more. If you think about uprezzing this is a serious factor that adds to IQ in the final product, i.e. printed image).
the 45mm rodenstock is very sharp from f8 to f22 till 20mm shift, also stopped down to f16 25mm arent a problem either.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

tho_mas

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2009, 06:39:12 pm »

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 06:40:32 pm by tho_mas »

paratom

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2009, 05:26:02 pm »

I just saw that Sinar says the 60 HR has 80mm image circle abd more shift capability than the 35HR (with 70mm image circle).
However Rodenstock says both (35 and 60) to have 70mm image circle ans same shift capability.
So what is true? does the 60hr offer more shift than the 35 or not?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up