Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: artec v2 arrived here  (Read 23356 times)

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
artec v2 arrived here
« on: May 20, 2009, 11:31:10 am »

just arrived yesterday the slightly modified new artec.  sinar changed now the tilt mechanism. there is now a knob which snaps in and a new round adjustment knob for the amount of the tilt,- which make the tilt very fine adjustable.
looks as this should address all critics which has been made on the tilt mechanism.
although the old mechanism worked fine for me too, the new one simply is perfect.
also i got the new pole- filter, which is a nice item to work with. i added some images, so its function should be clear .....

finally i got a fantastic architecture camera, it was a long way but the result`s great now. its a real pleasure to work with it,  what i am doing this days excessive ....

making of photos are taken by leonie felle, my great assistant.

[attachment=13814:IMG_4402.jpg]

[attachment=13815:IMG_4401.jpg]

[attachment=13816:IMG_4400.jpg]

[attachment=13817:IMG_4399.jpg]

[attachment=13818:IMG_4396.jpg]

[attachment=13819:IMG_4359.jpg]

[attachment=13820:IMG_4321.jpg]

[attachment=13821:IMG_4312.jpg]

[attachment=13822:IMG_4262.jpg]

[attachment=13823:IMG_4226.jpg]

[attachment=13824:090509_0...canonG10.jpg]
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 11:34:36 am by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

asf

• http://www.adamfriedberg.com
artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 11:42:44 am »

thanks to you and your assistant for these photos

jonstewart

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 12:36:41 pm »

Rainer, thanks for the pics.

Thats some CPL you have there, but what height does that tripod lift to (if you don't mind me asking). I have a manfrotto 161 and it doesn't seem as tall as that!

Regards to you and Leonie
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.

Graham Mitchell

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 01:12:37 pm »

I haven't seen a filter setup like that before. Interesting.

rainer_v

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 01:41:41 pm »

Quote from: jonstewart
Rainer, thanks for the pics.

Thats some CPL you have there, but what height does that tripod lift to (if you don't mind me asking). I have a manfrotto 161 and it doesn't seem as tall as that!

Regards to you and Leonie

its a gitzo gt5560 with middle column and head app. 11ft. high.
cause its carbon its has amazingly light weight.

these carbon gitzos are expensive but real good value for their money.
i have the smallest, the biggest and freshly also one in the middle and really love them
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 01:44:01 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Dick Roadnight

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 01:55:48 pm »

Quote from: rainer_v
just arrived yesterday the slightly modified new artec.
Are they ever going to produce something as small and light as the artec... which has a useful range of movements and can be used with a useful range of P3 lens board mounted lenses?

Why not use live view instead of a step-ladder?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

rainer_v

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 02:11:23 pm »

Quote from: Dick Roadnight
Why not use live view instead of a step-ladder?
you can make it as you want.
i use eyes, legs, ladders, , bucket trucks, helis, and sometimes even live view ....  
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:17:11 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

archivue

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2009, 02:17:37 pm »

sometimes, you just can't use a tripod for a specific shot... s it possible to shoot hand held ?

rainer_v

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 02:25:17 pm »

Quote from: archivue
sometimes, you just can't use a tripod for a specific shot... s it possible to shoot hand held ?

its possible if you add an optical viewer on the accessory shoe ( not mounted on my artec )
but it was certainly not the intention to make it hand- holdable.
originally this camera is planned to be a digital architecture camera which parents are 4x5" cameras.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 02:26:01 pm by rainer_v »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

archivue

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 04:24:34 pm »

Quote from: foto-z
I haven't seen a filter setup like that before. Interesting.
looks like the mamiya 7...

archivue

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 04:28:39 pm »

its possible if you add an optical viewer on the accessory shoe ( not mounted on my artec )
but it was certainly not the intention to make it hand- holdable.
originally this camera is planned to be a digital architecture camera which parents are 4x5" cameras.

Off course, and it looks good !
RM3D and Artech have their advantages, and i quite like the fact that for a special purpose, you can shoot without tripod with the RM3D.

Few years go, i won't have think about it... LF was the reference, but now more and more architecture's photographers are using DSLR, and can produce pics that were impossible with by beloved LF camera !
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 04:32:26 pm by archivue »

roskav

• http://www.roskavanagh.com
artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 06:05:18 pm »

I like that filter system too - cuts out all of that sliding and screwing... How do you put a shade around the lens though.. are you limited to articulated clip on shades?... and are there nd grad filters in the same system?

Ros

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 07:39:20 pm »

Hi Rainer,
it's good to see all your hard work with Sinar has paid off.
Also great to hear you are busy!

Greetings,

Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

laughingbear

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 08:13:32 pm »

finally i got a fantastic architecture camera, it was a long way but the result`s great now. its a real pleasure to work with it,  what i am doing this days excessive ....

Of course you do, you envisioned it!

I can not even start to imagine the feeling.... truly something like.... MY CAMERA.... by all means!

Congrats Rainer, and many more years of pleasure!

Best wishes
Georg

jonstewart

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 03:16:50 am »

its a gitzo gt5560 with middle column and head app. 11ft. high.
cause its carbon its has amazingly light weight.

these carbon gitzos are expensive but real good value for their money.
i have the smallest, the biggest and freshly also one in the middle and really love them

Thanks  for the reply.
That's why mine looks small! I presume you have no problems with stability with the carbon tripods? Mine's a ton weight, but would take a hurricane to knock it over.
Regards
Jon Stewart
 If only life were so simple.

Dick Roadnight

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 03:42:45 pm »

Some 5 *4 " cameras were designed to be hand-holdable, but hand-hold-ability with movements and SLR viewfinder are the advantages of the Hasselblad tilt-shift tele-converter adaptor.

Is it possible/practicable to use live view as a view-finder for hand-holding? or for use on a pan head?

Is live view only possible on a computer, or is it possible on a mini TV screen?

paratom

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 05:05:11 am »

I will get my Artec tomorrow but I had a hard time deciding for it because I would like to also shoot handheld sometimes(for example when hiking ton mountains you often have beautiful vews but dont allways have much time and dont wallways want to carry a tripod).

Therefore I believe it would be a clever move if Sinar offered also something like the Alpa SWA or the Cambo WRS1000, a more compact body, eventually with shift,  but nothing else (no sliding adapter, no tilt, …) but handholdable.

In the end I believe that I will use the slidingadapter with groundglass of the Artec more often than I would want a handholdable, lite camera-body and therefore decided for the Artec, but I could imagine a second “lite” body.

This body could also be much lower price, and Sinar could maybe catch those guys, who want to step in with a lower budget, or rhose who might not need groundglass etc. because a optical viewfinder (or life-view) would work well. And some might buy both-an Artec and the lighter body.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:11:54 am by paratom »

PeterA

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 06:05:47 am »

Quote from: paratom
I will get my Artec tomorrow but I had a hard time deciding for it because I would like to also shoot handheld sometimes(for example when hiking ton mountains you often have beautiful vews but dont allways have much time and dont wallways want to carry a tripod).

Therefore I believe it would be a clever move if Sinar offered also something like the Alpa SWA or the Cambo WRS1000, a more compact body, eventually with shift,  but nothing else (no sliding adapter, no tilt, …) but handholdable.

In the end I believe that I will use the slidingadapter with groundglass of the Artec more often than I would want a handholdable, lite camera-body and therefore decided for the Artec, but I could imagine a second “lite” body.

This body could also be much lower price, and Sinar could maybe catch those guys, who want to step in with a lower budget, or rhose who might not need groundglass etc. because a optical viewfinder (or life-view) would work well. And some might buy both-an Artec and the lighter body.

What do you think?

I am receiving my arTec soon - but for exactly what you just said - I am keeping my Alpa 12WA 24 and 35 Schneiders. The arTec is for the new 40mm ( when it comes out ) and then 90/ 135/..teh Alpa - for straight wide  shots and walking around fun...

paratom

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 07:25:47 am »

Quote from: PeterA
I am receiving my arTec soon - but for exactly what you just said - I am keeping my Alpa 12WA 24 and 35 Schneiders. The arTec is for the new 40mm ( when it comes out ) and then 90/ 135/..teh Alpa - for straight wide  shots and walking around fun...

Thats a posibility but frankly I allready pwn so many different systems so I would rather have one technical camera system where I could use all lenses on all bodies.
Do you have any info if and when the 40 appears for the Artec?

Dick Roadnight

artec v2 arrived here
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 09:42:55 am »

Quote from: paratom
Thats a posibility but frankly I allready pwn so many different systems so I would rather have one technical camera system where I could use all lenses on all bodies.
The Sinar 54 lensboard was a standard... would it not be nice if they could standardize on a MFDVC lens board like the P3, so that we could all use all lenses on all bodies, so we could use the same lenses on the same lensboards on a big studio camera and on cameras like the artec, Flexbody, technia or whatever.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up