Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moon Over Burnaby  (Read 1998 times)

J P Gormley

Moon Over Burnaby
« on: May 02, 2009, 11:40:04 am »

Hello All,

I'm a new member here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is John and I recently immigrated to Vancouver from London, England. I have recently taken a strong interest in photography and have learnt so much from others on this site. I studied Visual Communication at university and why photography didn't appealed to me sooner I will never know. It's and incredible form of communication, and right now I'm having so much fun getting to grips with the medium. Thank you all for you contributions to this wonderful site, it provides a great platform for education and experimentation.

I wanted to share one of my nature images with you, critiques are more than welcome.

[attachment=13413:_MG_0089_Edit_1_1.jpg]

Thanks

John Gormley

francois

Moon Over Burnaby
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 12:42:06 pm »

Quote from: J P Gormley
Hello All,

I'm a new member here and wanted to introduce myself. My name is John and I recently immigrated to Vancouver from London, England. I have recently taken a strong interest in photography and have learnt so much from others on this site. I studied Visual Communication at university and why photography didn't appealed to me sooner I will never know. It's and incredible form of communication, and right now I'm having so much fun getting to grips with the medium. Thank you all for you contributions to this wonderful site, it provides a great platform for education and experimentation.

I wanted to share one of my nature images with you, critiques are more than welcome.

[attachment=13413:_MG_0089_Edit_1_1.jpg]

Thanks

John Gormley
John,
Welcome on the forums...

A very nice shot. I like orange and blue tones.
Francois

dalethorn

Moon Over Burnaby
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 05:50:10 pm »

It's different.  Different is good.

J P Gormley

Moon Over Burnaby
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 08:03:48 pm »

Thank you for the feedback.

John.

John R

Moon Over Burnaby
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 09:08:40 pm »

A nice shot. Love the blue and orange contrast.

JMR

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Moon Over Burnaby
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 01:10:55 am »

Hi John, and welcome to the list!  Vancouver's a great town, and not just because my grandson lives there...  Some wonderful avenues for photography, too.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up