Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mamiya AFDIII / PhaseOne Autofocus good?  (Read 1335 times)

narikin

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1419
Mamiya AFDIII / PhaseOne Autofocus good?
« on: April 30, 2009, 05:29:42 pm »

am working on the street a lot, and getting a little frustrated with Contax 645 AF missing the shot, due to its slowness. (yes I know I should be on a dSLR, but I need MF file sizes)
anyone with an AFDIII care to report on AF effectiveness, speed and usability? (or the Phase One OEM version?)
(especially interested in anyone who has used it in comparison to the Contax)

when, oh when, will an MF manufacturer give us a multi-zone AF system equal to that of a pro dSLR of even a decade ago - is that really asking too much?!

Logged

lisa_r

  • Guest
Mamiya AFDIII / PhaseOne Autofocus good?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 07:41:58 pm »

In my experience the Contax has the slowest AF. I would rank the H cameras first, followed by the Mamiya. I found the Contax hunts like crazy in relative dark and with low contrast subjects. That's what kept me from buying it.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up