Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Carl Zeiss Planar T* 85mm f/1.4 (Contax/Yashica)  (Read 8293 times)

Jimlizard

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidguimaraes/
Carl Zeiss Planar T* 85mm f/1.4 (Contax/Yashica)
« on: April 16, 2009, 11:12:42 pm »

First of all, i know i'm not the most participative member in this forum so, taking this in account, i understand some of you may have some trust issues when buying such an expensive lens.

However, i would like to show you a feedback topic, in a portuguese photography forum, which you can easily translate, using altavista's babelfish, for example. In the very first post you can read "Jimlizard - The Luminous Landscape".

http://www.forumfotografia.net/index.php?t...g53876#msg53876

i also want to apologize for start participating by this way. I promisse i'll try to participate on other sections, since there are a lot of interesting contents, as i already noticed.

I bought this lens a couple of months ago to use on my ex.5D, however i sold the 5D to buy a Leica M8, together with all of my manuals focus lenses. This is the only one left.

As you certainly know, it's one of the most legendary lenses for classic portrait use. The bokeh has that Zeiss 3D glow, and the colours produced by it are very neutral and beautiful. Sharpness, is typical from Zeiss or, in other words, excellent.
Some russian exotic lenses, like the Helios 40-2, are also able to produce some very unique blurred backgrounds, however Leica and Zeiss lenses are, in my opinion, in a different class.

Mechanically this is also a pleasure to use, and much better than a Canon 85mm L in that area, for those who appreciate manual focus.

I used to have a Zuiko 24mm f/2.0, a Leica Summicron-R 35mm f/2.0, a Zeiss Planar T* 50mm f/1.4 and this one, in my manual focus set. They were all amazing and, if i wasn't changing my system, i wouldn't sell them for sure.

About this particular copy, i can say it's almost in mint condition! You can hardly see any signs of use. No fungus, dust, scratches, cleaning marks, haze or oil in the aperture blades.
Mechanically perfect. Both focus and aperture rings are moving like expected from a brand new lens.

It comes with both front and rear caps and it's an AE version, made in West Germany. The front cap has some light signs of use.

I'm asking 500 eur for it, including packing and shipping costs (using a signed service) inside the European Union.
I can also send it for other places in the World, however you probably may expect to pay some taxes in those cases.

Note: I can add a Contax/Yashica - Canon EOS AF confirm adapter for 20eur more, together with the lens. It's not one of those from cameraquest, but a regular version. However the results were so good, i never wanted to try others.

"All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth." - Richard Avedon

Jimlizard

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidguimaraes/
Carl Zeiss Planar T* 85mm f/1.4 (Contax/Yashica)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 11:35:54 pm »

Sold.
"All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth." - Richard Avedon
Pages: [1]   Go Up