Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 - Pizza wheels on Hahnemuehle PR Baryta paper  (Read 1997 times)

tived

• http://
Z3100 - Pizza wheels on Hahnemuehle PR Baryta paper
« on: April 08, 2009, 10:46:50 pm »

Hi guys,

I am getting a bit frustrated here, I had a box of A2 sheets of HM PR Baryta paper and no problems with the above, I get a nice expensive (at least here Oz) roll 44" and I see these dreaded marks on my prints? I have tried to loosen the bracket where the wheels are feeding the paper, and it has helped a bit, but I am still seeing some.

What is the solution to this? I much appreciate your help here guys

Henrik

PS: We spend all this time and effort to make beautiful prints, but there always seem to be something.

chez

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 10:54:37 pm »

Quote from: tived
Hi guys,

I am getting a bit frustrated here, I had a box of A2 sheets of HM PR Baryta paper and no problems with the above, I get a nice expensive (at least here Oz) roll 44" and I see these dreaded marks on my prints? I have tried to loosen the bracket where the wheels are feeding the paper, and it has helped a bit, but I am still seeing some.

What is the solution to this? I much appreciate your help here guys

Henrik

PS: We spend all this time and effort to make beautiful prints, but there always seem to be something.

I believe HP had a fix for this problem for the Z3100. Drop HP support a line and see what they say.

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:41:49 pm »

Even with the updated parts, I still get them on some papers - most notably the HP Universal High Gloss for whatever reason.  There is no 100% fix.

tived

• http://
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 04:00:00 am »

Thanks guys,

I think the cure is a Z3200 :-/

Henrik

Charles Gast

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 08:52:03 am »

Quote from: tived
Thanks guys,

I think the cure is a Z3200 :-/

Henrik

Before buying a 3200 be 100% sure its really fixed.  I'm not so sure it is.
I told the HP rep I spoke with that as the owner of a 3100 since shortly after they hit the market I would pay not a penny more than $1000 with a trade in to go to the 3200.  3100 owners have been partners in the development of the 3200. The fact that they will let you trade anything with a 24 inch platten and offer such a small discount on the "trade-in" indicates to me that the help I provided them in ironing out the bugs in their (my) 3100 is totally and completely unappreciated.
I've got a printer I have managed to make work in the 3100. I'm not interested in the 3200 unless its cheap cheap cheap and it has been widely used for a long time with no real problems. As far as I can tell it is not what I would call widely in use. Lots of sore 3100 owners are out there. No. I'm alone. right...
Pages: [1]   Go Up