Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seagate Cheetah 15K.6 RAID 0 Scratch disk for Photoshop  (Read 2887 times)

AgencyDigital_NYC

Seagate Cheetah 15K.6 RAID 0 Scratch disk for Photoshop
« on: April 04, 2009, 12:57:31 pm »

I just picked up a new Mac Pro (with Apple's RAID card) & I think i'm going to run two Seagate Cheetah 15K.6 as a RAID 0 Scratch disk for Photoshop speed.  I think the 156GB drives are all i'll need as far as size goes.  Does anyone have any experience with this configuration?  

----------------
----------------

Highlights

The sixth-generation Seagate Cheetah 15K.6 is the world's first self-encrypting hard drive with the highest sequential and transactional performance of any 3.5-inch drive in the enterprise market and delivers a 61 percent improvement in watts/GB at idle over the prior generation.
Utilizing second-generation perpendicular recording technology and capacities of 450, 300 and 147 GB, the Cheetah 15K.6 drive provides the highest 3.5-inch reliability in the industry at 1.6 million hours MTBF (0.55 percent AFR), a choice of FC or SAS interfaces, and a limited 5-year warranty. The result is a star performer for mission-critical SAN, NAS, transactional processing and Internet applications.

Summary

Features Include
World's first self-encrypting hard drive for mission-critical servers and storage arrays*
Second-generation perpendicular recording delivers up to 450-GB storage
Unprecedented performance with a sustained data rate up to 164 MB/sec
The industrys highest 3.5-inch drive reliability at 1.6 million hours MTBF
Advanced read/write technology drives an error rate of 1x10E-16
PowerTrim technology provides best-in-class IOPS/watt
Integrated data integrity provisions protect against system miscompare errors
Supports T10 end-to-end data protection for new system development
Available with either a FC or a SAS interface

Abstract

The Seagate Cheetah 15K.6 hard drive enables manageable tiered storage solutions without compromising performance or reliability. This Cheetah 15K.6 drive delivers cost-effective solutions, allowing systems to keep up with increasing performance needs over a longer period of time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up