Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After the Storm  (Read 3723 times)

Rob C

After the Storm
« on: April 03, 2009, 12:05:08 pm »

Nice shot, and very instructive: that´s obviously why so many people become lightning conductors in Florida.

Rob C

jashley

After the Storm
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 03:17:05 pm »

Doesn't work for me because (despite the title) the sky is just too creepy and foreboding.  If there was a little sun peeking through or some lightening of the sky I think it would work better.

jule

• http://www.juliestephenson.net
After the Storm
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 10:38:01 pm »

I just love it. It is so what you would not normally expect to see above a beautiful sandy beach and clear aqua water - in real life and in a photographic representation. I love the juxtaposition of the dark intense storm clouds and the carefree nature of the beach.

For me, rays of sunlight would make it cliched and would destroy the composition.

Thanks again Michael for to my eyes yet another wonderful photograph.
Julie
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 10:38:50 pm by jule »

Sfleming

• http://
After the Storm
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 11:58:37 pm »

Goodness!  What can I say?  Even on the little screen is hits me.  A truly unique and one of a kind image.  If I could see it printed (say on canvas) about four ft wide ... I would probably want to cry.  And I can't really say why except that it is so damn impressive.  Forget the little people.  The umbrella would have been enough.  But add in the human interest and it just ... kills.  If I had a place to hang it I'd be trying to buy a print.

Rob C

After the Storm
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 04:22:21 am »

Quote from: jashley
Doesn't work for me because (despite the title) the sky is just too creepy and foreboding.  If there was a little sun peeking through or some lightening of the sky I think it would work better.

Which, of course, would be another image entirely and would have ruined this one completely; that´s its strength: the emotional contrast!

Rob C

jashley

After the Storm
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 09:37:56 am »

Quote from: Rob C
Which, of course, would be another image entirely and would have ruined this one completely; that´s its strength: the emotional contrast!

Rob C

That's exactly my point!  I agree it's a strong, interesting, image (which stands on its own), but you yourself reflected the sense of foreboding the image produces with your initial "Warning" reaction.  This just doesn't say "After the Storm" to me.

mich8261

After the Storm
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 10:45:09 am »

I wanted to show that picture to my wife (I think it is stunning), but now it's gone from the front page. Is it still available somewhere else on the site?

Thanks.

Richowens

After the Storm
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 11:23:54 am »

mich8261

After the Storm
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 11:45:11 am »

Quote from: Richowens
Here

Thank you very much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up