Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tetons in the Spring  (Read 4928 times)

Howard Smith

Tetons in the Spring
« on: February 14, 2004, 06:23:38 pm »

Late Mat-early June is when you should see the now starting to melt.  That's when the flowers start to bloom.  As the snow melt moves up, the flowers follow.  Something is in bloom somewhere about all summer.  I think the key is to be very flexible andkep in touch with the local C of C for when things are starting.  It is about as easy as predicting when the the fall foliage starts.

b2martin

Tetons in the Spring
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 04:03:02 pm »

We have visited the Tetons 12 or 13 times since the early 80's and spent approximately 2 weeks.  We were there between mid June and mid July.  One visit in the last two weeks of June had a lot of wildflowers.  The other visits had some wildflowers, but not as many.  The majority of the visits were in the late June time frame, so you will be lucky if you have abundant wildflowers - good luck. It all depends on the moisture and temperatures.  I believe the Tetons have close to an average snow fall this year.  We are going to Glacier National Park in late June and will probably also visit the Tetons after leaving Glacier

Leej

Tetons in the Spring
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 04:17:07 pm »

On average, when would be a good time to visit the Tetons to try for some nice spring wildflower shots?  I'm envisioning nice green fields with wildflowers and the foreground and snowcapped Tetons in the distance.

Lee

• http://www.LR-Photo.com
Tetons in the Spring
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 11:04:47 am »

I remember a particular Memorial Day weekend camping at Jenny Lake where we experienced warm and sunny, cold and snowy, and then warm and sunny again.  All within 12 hours.
Springtime in the Rockies.

Lee
Lee Robinson
Pages: [1]   Go Up