Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5D MkII field Report link  (Read 6703 times)

adam z

5D MkII field Report link
« on: March 26, 2009, 07:07:02 pm »

When I click on the link to the 5D MkII field report on the LL homepage it takes me to the article on the Gekko paper.

What's going on???????
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 07:08:33 pm by adam z »

JDClements

• http://www.jdanielclements.com
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 07:28:29 pm »

Must be fixed, because it works fine for me.

adam z

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:25:27 pm »

Quote from: JDClements
Must be fixed, because it works fine for me.

Will try it again (3rd time lucky)

Thanks

Tklimek

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 03:07:00 pm »

Nick (Devlin)....

I'm not a Canon shooter but read your article anyway.  Better than the info were the pictures!  Great shots sir....really nice stuff.

Cheers.....

Todd in Chicago

Quote from: adam z
When I click on the link to the 5D MkII field report on the LL homepage it takes me to the article on the Gekko paper.

What's going on???????

DarkPenguin

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 01:21:17 am »

Quote from: Tklimek
Nick (Devlin)....

I'm not a Canon shooter but read your article anyway.  Better than the info were the pictures!  Great shots sir....really nice stuff.

Cheers.....

Todd in Chicago
They had an interesting look, didn't they?  Nice stuff.

siba

• http://www.stefansiba.com
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 09:54:26 am »

In the 3 years I've been coming to this site, these antarctic shots of Nick Devlin's are some of the best photos I've seen on LL.

I shoot MFDB so tend to be a bit biased when it comes to MFDB versus DSLR discussions, but these photos perfectly illustrate how ultimately it's the photographer and not the camera. As well as providing very positive PR for the 5DII.

I'm curious: what software was used to process the raw files?

cheers

Stefan

ndevlin

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 04:54:49 pm »

Stefan,

Thank you - those are very generous words. It means a lot when other photographers are moved by your work.

I processed all my shots in Lightroom, with varying degrees of adjustment, though nothing too radical. The last shot stretched the light/dark to about the limit of what's possible in LR.  The Black and white conversion of "Another Planet" has a lot of brushwork to add contrast to separate the clouds from the sky. It was shot at about 11am, in full daylight, and is a straight conversion to B+W with the blue channel dropped way down.

It's amazing how much you can do it in LR these days.

- N.
Nick Devlin   @onelittlecamera        ww

siba

• http://www.stefansiba.com
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 06:44:12 am »

Thanks, Nick, for the info. And credit where credit's due, I think.

I tend to shoot a lot tethered in the studio, and with the phase one back I'm limited to doing that in capture one. I'm quite happy with CO 4.6.3 but I shall have to have another look at lightroom. I know it has a lot to offer, so at least for my personal work I should find time to experiment with it.

cheers again

Stefan

douglasf13

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 03:06:01 pm »

Quote from: ndevlin
Stefan,

Thank you - those are very generous words. It means a lot when other photographers are moved by your work.

I processed all my shots in Lightroom, with varying degrees of adjustment, though nothing too radical. The last shot stretched the light/dark to about the limit of what's possible in LR.  The Black and white conversion of "Another Planet" has a lot of brushwork to add contrast to separate the clouds from the sky. It was shot at about 11am, in full daylight, and is a straight conversion to B+W with the blue channel dropped way down.

It's amazing how much you can do it in LR these days.

- N.

Nice article.  No kidding about LR's abilities.  It's a shame that A900 users like myself can't use it, because it's about the worst out there for some reason, and I've completely abandoned it.  Speaking of the A900, this comment confused me:

"(In fairness, the Sony A900 had actually arrived offering a higher pixel count and higher frame rate at roughly the same price almost a year earlier but, curiously, no one appeared to notice or care. )"

The A900 and it's final stats weren't announced until right before the 5Dii was.

Pages: [1]   Go Up