Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RRS (Really Right Stuff) Canon 5D L bracket for sale  (Read 4914 times)

pyarnall

RRS (Really Right Stuff) Canon 5D L bracket for sale
« on: March 20, 2009, 05:19:47 pm »

SOLD

I am upgrading to the 5D MkII, selling my 5D, and the 5D RSS L bracket is not compatible with the MkII, so it is for sale.  Slight blemish on the outside corners with some anodizing  rubbed away, otherwise fine and perfectly functional.   I will provide a photo if requested.   $90 and I pay postage to any US address.  Feel free to email me directly  paul (dot) yarnall (at) imagesbypyarnall (dot) com.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 01:12:37 pm by pyarnall »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 07:15:39 am »

Quote from: pyarnall
I am upgrading to the 5D MkII, selling my 5D, and the 5D RSS L bracket is not compatible with the MkII, so it is for sale.  Slight blemish on the outside corners with some anodizing  rubbed away, otherwise fine and perfectly functional.   I will provide a photo if requested.   $90 and I pay postage to any US address.  Feel free to email me directly  paul (dot) yarnall (at) imagesbypyarnall (dot) com.

Is this the bracket on the bottom for the quick release (B5D-L-? If so, it fits the new body, at least I was able to move it from my older 5D to the 5DMII.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 07:16:21 am by digitaldog »
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

pyarnall

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 08:55:19 am »

Hmmm....  I attempted to mount my 5D L bracket on a friends MkII and quickly determined that it would only be possible by physically modifying the bracket, including slotting the screw hole and removing a small portion of the curved lip on the bottom rear of the bracket.  I can't imagine how you managed a fit unless Canon made changes to the late model 5D.  My day job is engineering and I have full access to machining facilities but I felt the result would be a compromise, possiblly ruining a perfectly good bracket, and messing up all my pano lens settings after displacing the camera forward on the bracket.

It is also pertinent that RRS has two different part numbers for these brackets and they are different in appearance.  The MkII bracket has a cut away in the verticl portion to give access to cord sockets that is quite different than the 5D.  RRS would only be making work for themselves to design and market a different bracket to fit an equivalent body.  There is a greater return on investment if they can apply a product to more cameras.

In any event a new bracket is on its way and my 5D bracket is for sale (and I will consider a reasonable offer).

If I still have the 5D bracket when my new one arrives I will carefully measure both and report back here if I wasted my money or not.

Paul Y.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 09:05:27 am by pyarnall »

pyarnall

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 01:38:08 pm »

As promised, I am posting to confirm that the 5D and 5D2 L brackets from RRS are indeed different and they are NOT interchangeable.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 01:46:09 pm »

Quote from: pyarnall
As promised, I am posting to confirm that the 5D and 5D2 L brackets from RRS are indeed different and they are NOT interchangeable.

Damn you, as soon as that post arrived, the bracket fell off my 5DmII <g>. Just kidding.

Maybe we're using two different brackets. All I know is, the one I had for Quick Release on the older 5D fits and works on my newer 5DMII.....
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up