Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Platform poll  (Read 21014 times)

Professional

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 309
Platform poll
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2009, 12:47:44 pm »

Hasselblad H3DII-39

Canon:
1Ds MarkIII
1D MarkIII
1Ds MarkII
1D MarkII N
5D
30D
350D

Nikon:
Coolpix 8800
Logged

Leonardo Barreto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 379
    • http://leonardobarreto.com/
Platform poll
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2009, 01:20:05 pm »

PeterA, You do have gear... can you post a photo, curious to see your work.. can you tell us how to make money and not shoot commercially or be a Dentis/Doctor/Lawyer or Investment Banker.??  
Quote from: PeterA
H3D11-39 and a bunch of lenses
Hy6/Sinar 75LV and a bunch of lenses
Leica M8/MP  and a bunch of lenses
AlpaWA 24 and 35 Schneider
Hasselblad 205TCC and CFV11 and a bunch of F/FE and CFE lenses
Nikon D3 and a bunch of lenses.
Mamiya RZPro  and a bunch of lenses


I rarely shoot commercially - as there are far easier ways to make a buck and no, I am not a Dentis/Doctor/Lawyer or Investment Banker.
I enjoy reading this forum for the information posted that the local dealers/box movers are clueless about - and because a bunch of photographers sitting around a table is a circle of confusion  
Logged
[font=Comic Sa

paulmoorestudio

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 250
    • http://paulmoorestudio.com
Platform poll
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2009, 01:31:34 pm »

rollei 6008 + xact2 w/ hassy ixpress 96
leica dmr

looking to either upgrade to newer back or try move to leica s2 when avail as I don't need
the tech camera as much as now..( not doing much product work)

Logged

MattLaver

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 54
    • mattlaver.com
Platform poll
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2009, 01:55:52 pm »

Aptus 75 on Cambo WDS, ARCA 6x9 FC, and Contax...

Matt
Logged

PeterA

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 124
Platform poll
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2009, 05:50:38 pm »

Quote from: Leonardo Barreto
PeterA, You do have gear... can you post a photo, curious to see your work.. can you tell us how to make money and not shoot commercially or be a Dentis/Doctor/Lawyer or Investment Banker.??

My hobby is collecting interesting cameras, I no longer have any interest what so ever in making photographs - it has all been done before and is being done better by others.  I just sit in a corner at nights and fondle the stuff and I always wear a new pair of white cotton gloves when I do it - i have boxes of them delivered regularly - remember dust is the #1 enemy of mankind _ I have a phobia about dust particles you see ..dust on a sensor diust on a lens - it helps that I have a clean room to into which I go - you know when I need to ..fondle. regarding making money - I am not licensed to give out financial advice - please see your local stock broker/banker/accountant etc. also dont believe anyone who says that money cant buy you love I have found this to be totally untrue.


hope this helps.
Logged

Snook

  • Guest
Platform poll
« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2009, 06:08:52 pm »

Mamiya 645 AFDII
RZIID
P30


1DsMII
5D

Pentax 6X7...:+}
Logged

Leonardo Barreto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 379
    • http://leonardobarreto.com/
Platform poll
« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2009, 06:22:14 pm »

I am Laughing Out Loud ... also afraid to ask if you are serious    
Quote from: PeterA
My hobby is collecting interesting cameras, I no longer have any interest what so ever in making photographs - it has all been done before and is being done better by others.  I just sit in a corner at nights and fondle the stuff and I always wear a new pair of white cotton gloves when I do it - i have boxes of them delivered regularly - remember dust is the #1 enemy of mankind _ I have a phobia about dust particles you see ..dust on a sensor diust on a lens - it helps that I have a clean room to into which I go - you know when I need to ..fondle. regarding making money - I am not licensed to give out financial advice - please see your local stock broker/banker/accountant etc. also dont believe anyone who says that money cant buy you love I have found this to be totally untrue.


hope this helps.
Logged
[font=Comic Sa

ddk

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 274
    • http://www.pbase.com/ddk
Platform poll
« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2009, 06:34:19 pm »

OK, I'll play,

4x Contax 645 bodies, multiple copies of all Contax lenses, some even new along with several Hasselblad lenses with Contax adaptors, I guess I have settled on my MF platform for good!

Fuji 680GXIII, with a few lenses, still getting the hang of this system, not fully committed here.

MFBs, 2x Kodak, Aptus 22, 54s and 75s.

4x Fuji S5s and many lenses of all brands, feel fairly secure and content with this system for the foreseeable future, no plans to change bodies yet.
Logged
david
-----------------------
www.pbase.com/ddk

PeterA

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 124
Platform poll
« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2009, 06:53:28 pm »

Quote from: Leonardo Barreto
I am Laughing Out Loud ... also afraid to ask if you are serious  
i am glad you got a laugh. laughing is under rated.  
Logged

Willow Photography

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 279
    • http://www.willow.no
Platform poll
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2009, 09:14:02 pm »

H3DII-31
28,50,100 and TC1,7

Nikon D3
24-70,85,60M,180

Leica Dlux 4


Logged
Willow Photography

John Eaton

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22
Platform poll
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2009, 12:52:52 am »

Quote from: Leonardo Barreto
What system you mount your digital back on to? (AFi,Hy6 H1, H2, H3 AFD, Contax, Alpa etc)

Are you planing to change systems, or looking in to, say AFi, Hy6 .... or Nikon/Canon/Sony

Horseman SWD + Rodenstock 35mm & 55mm with P45+

Epson Rd1 with Leica 21, 28, 35, 50, 90mm

Canon 5d with 24-105mm
Canon Rebel converted for dedicated IR
Logged

dseelig

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 600
Platform poll
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2009, 01:08:10 am »

I have a canon system  2,1d mk111 a 1ds mk111 and a 5d mk11 16-35 mk11 24-105. 24-70 70 200 both f2.8 and f 4L IS. 24 35 50 all f1.4 85 1.2 135 f2 300 2.8 400 2.8 Yes I shot professionally. a leica m8 and m6 a wate a mate 35 1.4 50 nokton 75 lux and soon a 24 lux anyone want to but a 28 cron
I have just got a contax with and 80 and some day a digital back I hope a p45 but prices must come down abit. No I won't sell my 400 .
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 01:09:55 am by dseelig »
Logged

Martin Kristiansen

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1527
    • Martin Kristiansen
Platform poll
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2009, 01:11:43 am »

AFI7. Back also used on a Cambo.
Logged
Commercial photography is 10% inspiration and 90% moving furniture around.

jmvdigital

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 125
    • http://www.jmvdigital.com
Platform poll
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2009, 09:21:09 am »

P30+ on Phamiya AFD
Logged
--
Justin VanAlstyne [url=http://www.jmv

skywalker_shiva

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18
    • http://www.altafkhan.net
Platform poll
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2009, 09:59:05 am »

Hasselblad 503 CW

Leaf Aptus 65

CF 40mm

CF 60mm

CFi 80mm

CF 100mm

CF 120mm

CFi 150mm

CF 180mm

Wanted to shift to H but was advised against it.

In India, there is no service backup to speak of, for the H series.
Some collegues had horror stories when it came to repairs.
They had to fly down to Hong Kong to fix it.

The V series is easily repairable coz its all manual.
Both body and lenses are easily repairable
and we have good technicians outside of H'blad.

My Leaf, on the other hand, has a fantastic dealer/service.
I get prompt support in case of any issues.
Software or hardware related.

The ebox of my Aptus failed once and it was replaced overnight.
I couldn't ask for more.

I would never recommend anyone to buy a digital back off ebay.
Or even a personal sale without dealer support / warranty.

I know I would have torn my hair out if it wasn't for my dealer.


Leonardo Barreto

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 379
    • http://leonardobarreto.com/
Platform poll
« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2009, 09:30:04 pm »

interesting point of view, not everyone is in the north -I am in Bolivia !- I have never ever in my life had a problem with my Mamiyas, but I could probably buy a second body as a back up, there is plenty on eBay. The P25 I got with a dealer, but it is trouble free. (have you seen the tape of an elephant walking on one?) take care..  

Quote from: skywalker_shiva
Hasselblad 503 CW

Leaf Aptus 65

CF 40mm

CF 60mm

CFi 80mm

CF 100mm

CF 120mm

CFi 150mm

CF 180mm

Wanted to shift to H but was advised against it.

In India, there is no service backup to speak of, for the H series.
Some collegues had horror stories when it came to repairs.
They had to fly down to Hong Kong to fix it.

The V series is easily repairable coz its all manual.
Both body and lenses are easily repairable
and we have good technicians outside of H'blad.

My Leaf, on the other hand, has a fantastic dealer/service.
I get prompt support in case of any issues.
Software or hardware related.

The ebox of my Aptus failed once and it was replaced overnight.
I couldn't ask for more.

I would never recommend anyone to buy a digital back off ebay.
Or even a personal sale without dealer support / warranty.

I know I would have torn my hair out if it wasn't for my dealer.
Logged
[font=Comic Sa

MRott

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
Platform poll
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2009, 01:46:53 pm »

Quote from: James R Russell
With digital the world is all backwards.

I've known a lot of amateurs and professionals that bought a contax first then started jonesing for a digital back and they usually bought one, though in the last few years had to wait until all the H system orders were filled.   And I've known a lot of people then sell their digital backs and move to the H system because they've needed leaf shutter lenses, or because they just stopped using medium format digital, though I've known few to sell their contax.


Sounds like me. Just an amateur. After I bought a Contax 645 and after digital started to take off, I had the naive hope that someday I would be able to afford a digital back for it  . Many times I have considered selling it, but it is just such a great camera. I have an Olympus E3 which is ideal for the canoeing/rafting stuff I do, but if I go out with both cameras and start shooting with the E3, as soon as I pick up the Contax, the Olympus stays in the bag.

mike
Logged

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 313
    • http://www.billcaulfeild-browne.com
Platform poll
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2009, 09:14:07 pm »

Phase P45+, Mamiya AFD III, lenses from 28 to 300 mm. For landscape, nature studies.

Sony a900, a700, lenses from 12 to 500 mm. For wildlife.

Bill
Logged

Jack Varney

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 413
    • http://
Platform poll
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2009, 09:29:36 pm »

P45+ on Mamiya 645 AFD
Logged
Jack Varney

andershald

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
Platform poll
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2009, 08:39:28 am »

Contax 645 & P30+ (I have owned this kit for almost 6 months and I love the camera more for each shoot. Undoubtedly the best camera I have ever owned)

Canon 1dsII (this will be exchanged for a D3X at the first given opportunity...I was always a Nikon shooter, but when I needed to go digital Nikon did not make a FF body)

I recently did 80x100cm enlargements (digital c-types) from P30+ files and I cannot imagine ever requiering higher resolution than what I have. For me the Contax 645 and P30+ is the perfect outfit...perfect...perfect...perfect.

And wouldn't it just be great if someone (Sinar?) started making them again. Don't change it, just start making it again  

Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up