Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica S2  (Read 1773 times)

adam z

Leica S2
« on: March 05, 2009, 05:33:58 pm »

I am very curious about the Leica S2, does anyone know how they are likely to be priced (bodies and lenses). They certainly look the goods.

To give a bit of background about myself, I work as an assisstant to a celebrity/music/and sometimes advertising photographer. I am in the process of starting up my own photography business at present (my website is being designed atm) and have Canon gear (not a huge kit).

I am planning on buying some more Canon gear, however with the new S2 almost here I am considering (depending on cost) going with these and using my canon gear for certain situations only.

I currently own a Canon 30D with vertical grip, 420EX speedlite, 17-40 f4L, 50 f1.4 and 70-200 f2.8L IS
am thinking of buying 2 x 5D MkII, 2 x 580EX speedlites, 35 f1.4L and 135 f2L (later to be followed up with 85 f1.2LII and 100 f2.8 macro and possibly a 24 f1.4LII even later).

I think this kit with the very fast lenses would be great for certain things like weddings (which is a lot of what I am doing at the moment).

I am thinking about the Leica for Portraiture and hopefully some commercial and fashion work - mostly using studio lighting equipment.

Any comments or info would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.

JDBFreeheel

Leica S2
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 07:32:54 pm »

Quote from: adam z
I am very curious about the Leica S2, does anyone know how they are likely to be priced (bodies and lenses). They certainly look the goods.

To give a bit of background about myself, I work as an assisstant to a celebrity/music/and sometimes advertising photographer. I am in the process of starting up my own photography business at present (my website is being designed atm) and have Canon gear (not a huge kit).

I am planning on buying some more Canon gear, however with the new S2 almost here I am considering (depending on cost) going with these and using my canon gear for certain situations only.

I currently own a Canon 30D with vertical grip, 420EX speedlite, 17-40 f4L, 50 f1.4 and 70-200 f2.8L IS
am thinking of buying 2 x 5D MkII, 2 x 580EX speedlites, 35 f1.4L and 135 f2L (later to be followed up with 85 f1.2LII and 100 f2.8 macro and possibly a 24 f1.4LII even later).

I think this kit with the very fast lenses would be great for certain things like weddings (which is a lot of what I am doing at the moment).

I am thinking about the Leica for Portraiture and hopefully some commercial and fashion work - mostly using studio lighting equipment.

Any comments or info would be greatly appreciated - thanks in advance.

Try the Medium Format Forum here.  There's ample discussion to get your head spinning.

adam z

Leica S2
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 10:39:53 pm »

Have Done so - thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up