Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 Calibration Cancelled  (Read 2642 times)

Charles Gast

z3100 Calibration Cancelled
« on: March 01, 2009, 07:07:44 pm »

I have been unable to get the printer to calibrate since updating firmware around November.  About 10 days ago a new firmware version with a -5 on the end is available. I loaded it in the printer and it now calibrates media again.

I am using windoze XP btw.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 07:09:10 pm by Charles Gast »

walter.sk

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 09:57:21 am »

I haave been having that problem too.  The target gets printed, then cut off, accompanied by the Calibration Canceled  message.  Only by turning the printer off can I then recalibrate.  I have not tried the new firmware yet.

I am fearful of changing the firmware (mine ends in .3) as it usually involves a change in drivers, and last time I did it it took a while to get everything working smoothly again.  Have you had any problems with the new firmware or drivers?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:02:09 am by walter.sk »

walter.sk

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 10:41:07 am »

Charles:

I decided to download the new firmware (I am running XP, too).  However, no matter how many of the HP links I try, or menus that I drill down through, I can't find the drivers/firmware page.  Would you please post a link?

ThePhotoDude

• Fine Art, Landscape and Travel Photographer
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 10:49:25 am »

Quote from: walter.sk
Charles:

I decided to download the new firmware (I am running XP, too).  However, no matter how many of the HP links I try, or menus that I drill down through, I can't find the drivers/firmware page.  Would you please post a link?

I found this which says it's 7.0.0.3-5 but the fixes and features list just mentions the items that was on the 7.0.0.3 firmware that came out in Dec 08. This also seems to suggest it came out Jan 09, not 10 days ago as the original poster mentioned. Not sure what to do here, I am having these calibration problems also, from within APS. I click to calibrate, it prints the targets, then cuts the paper off and says 'calibration cancelled'.

Edit: OK, I have found something else - seems here is one for the 44" model NON PS which came out in Feb 09.

In fact, here is the main link
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:55:11 am by ThePhotoDude »

dkeyes

• http://
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 08:14:06 pm »

Quote from: ThePhotoDude
I found this which says it's 7.0.0.3-5 but the fixes and features list just mentions the items that was on the 7.0.0.3 firmware that came out in Dec 08. This also seems to suggest it came out Jan 09, not 10 days ago as the original poster mentioned. Not sure what to do here, I am having these calibration problems also, from within APS. I click to calibrate, it prints the targets, then cuts the paper off and says 'calibration cancelled'.

Edit: OK, I have found something else - seems here is one for the 44" model NON PS which came out in Feb 09.

In fact, here is the main link
I've had the same problem, calibration gets cancelled when done through APS. My workaround has been to calibrate using the HP Printer Utility and profile with APS.

Will look into the update. I'm using Mac 10.4 btw.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 08:15:12 pm by dkeyes »
Pages: [1]   Go Up