Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fun with Mirror images  (Read 2582 times)

John R

Fun with Mirror images
« on: February 18, 2009, 08:43:15 pm »

Just having some fun with mirror images and wondered what some of you think about this kind of image.

JMR
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 11:20:41 pm by John R »

Anders_HK

• andersloof.com
Fun with Mirror images
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 09:16:35 pm »

Quote from: John R
Just having some fun with mirror images and wondered what some of you think about this kind of image.

JMR

John,

I like it.  

The gear or technique really is besides the point here (although I am curious of it...). Rather I think your eye did excellent job. I find the image very interesting, and artistically pleasing, and beyond "just having some fun with mirror images"...

Anders

Sheldon N

Fun with Mirror images
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 09:41:49 pm »

I like it!

The first thing I thought was... I wonder how it would look with only one bicyclist? (pardon the hack clone job).

[attachment=11607:Untitled_1.jpg]
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 09:42:27 pm by Sheldon N »
Sheldon Nalos
[url=http://www.flickr.com

John R

Fun with Mirror images
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 10:20:11 pm »

Quote from: Anders_HK
John,

I like it.  

The gear or technique really is besides the point here (although I am curious of it...). Rather I think your eye did excellent job. I find the image very interesting, and artistically pleasing, and beyond "just having some fun with mirror images"...

Anders
Thank you for the comments. Willows in the spring, that's the thing. It's taken in Toronto's High Park. I did an Orton treatment on the image (soft glowing effect) and then cropped image at the end tree, where it is now in the middle. I reversed image and then stitched it to the first where I thought I could get a pleasing pattern. You have to be careful where you crop because often the combined mirror image creates unpleasing and static patterns that draw attention to themselves and look like something identifiable, (animals, people profiles, etc.) especially tree limbs. See the middle tree where there is an less conspicuous pattern where the two are joined.

JMR
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 10:30:36 pm by John R »

John R

Fun with Mirror images
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 10:24:04 pm »

Quote from: Sheldon N
I like it!

The first thing I thought was... I wonder how it would look with only one bicyclist? (pardon the hack clone job).
I like your idea and my wife had the same idea but I am still learning how to use Photoshop elements and do a proper cloning technique for such a large element. It does seem more dynamic with one rider. Thanks for the suggestion and the comments.

JMR

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Fun with Mirror images
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 01:46:34 am »

As with anything it can be abused, but it can also yield some interesting results.  Here's an image of a rock that I made at Peggy's Cove, NS, flipped around to create a 'sea monster'.

Mike.

[attachment=11612:Monster.jpg]
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up