Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 14mm L MKII - Yes / No?  (Read 2970 times)

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
Canon 14mm L MKII - Yes / No?
« on: February 17, 2009, 10:08:06 pm »

Since I got the 24mm F1.4 MK II and sold the original 16-35mm I have hardly had the 24mm off the camera - I really love it for landscapes, which has got me to thinking about going wider with the 14mm MkII.

Anyone here using one and happy with the results? Digital picture give it a pretty good rap and I am tettering on buying one.

Would greatly appreciate input or thoughts from any owners.

One potential deal breaker is the lack of ability to use filters - in landscape thats a problem for me I think. But on the other hand - the extremley wide angle of view is going to make for quite dramatic images I would think.
Wild Nature Photo Travel

phila

• www.philaphoto.com
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 05:11:57 am »

Quote from: Josh-H
Since I got the 24mm F1.4 MK II and sold the original 16-35mm I have hardly had the 24mm off the camera - I really love it for landscapes, which has got me to thinking about going wider with the 14mm MkII.

Anyone here using one and happy with the results? Digital picture give it a pretty good rap and I am tettering on buying one.

One potential deal breaker is the lack of ability to use filters - in landscape thats a problem for me I think. But on the other hand - the extremley wide angle of view is going to make for quite dramatic images I would think.

You can fit cut down gelatine filters at the rear of the lens, if that is of any help.

DesW

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 05:29:32 am »

Hi there, I'ved used one on Mk3 DS --it's OK not worth the $'s though-- Still tad soggy in the corners-- I'd wait for the new Zeiss ZE Canon EOS Range to come out in a few months
now they will have REAL resolution WA's.
The 24mm is also pretty good--the 35mm version is superior. Be careful with an Ultra WA be aware of the Tunnel effect in the print- stitching the 50mm sometimes is a better alternative-more as the human eye sees possibly.

Horses for courses

DesW

Wolfman

• www.bernardwolf.com
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 01:45:57 pm »

These tilt/shift lenses were just announced by Canon: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_p...cid=7-9884-9913

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 07:12:17 pm »

Quote from: Wolfman
These tilt/shift lenses were just announced by Canon: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_p...cid=7-9884-9913

Yup - thanks - this changes the game. Will probably get the 17mm TSE.
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up