Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Pocket wizard, MiniTT1™ Transmitter and FlexTT5  (Read 1612 times)

christian_raae

New Pocket wizard, MiniTT1™ Transmitter and FlexTT5
« on: February 17, 2009, 06:29:14 am »

Hi

These new products really looks interesting.

But can you shoot for example a ranger rx (a lamps) with the new specified x sync speed (1/500) on all powers ?

Or is that just with normal flashes?

Thanks.

Christian

--

Christian Raae
NORWAY
H3D-22II & 5D
www.christianraae.com

francois

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:38:07 am »

Quote from: christian_raae
Hi

These new products really looks interesting.

But can you shoot for example a ranger rx (a lamps) with the new specified x sync speed (1/500) on all powers ?

Or is that just with normal flashes?

Thanks.

Christian
I can't answer your question but I just saw that Rob Galbraith has a review of those two new products: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_pag...cid=7-9884-9903

Francois

nsnowlin

• http://www.stunowlinimaging.com
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 05:43:53 pm »

I cannot answer your question either.  I did download the user's manual and I read it.  It was pretty general.

I would like to ask another question on these new products based on the need to use either the ST-E2 or the 580EX (1 or 2) for ratio control when mounted to the miniTT1 on camera.  If you presume a 2 flash setup, one on a bracket on camera and one on a stand, could you use the miniTT1 on camera and flexTT5s under the two flash units AND use the flash unit on your bracket for ETTL-II ratio control?  This would keep your flash control ready to hand, eliminate the troublesome off camera cord and allow you to remove the camera's bracket flash locating it elsewhere for complete lighting control as you desire.  I use Canon as an example here since I am familiar with it.

Thanks!

Stu
Pages: [1]   Go Up