Hi Guys,
Just like to post my experience with H3D-39mp and whether ANY one has this problem with theirs?! I chose my words carefully as Denmark has been helpful and supportive. But my reluctance to post this is because of the people that I know and deal with back home in US/Canada (and adopted AU) are mostly Phase users (so human pride goes, a bit embarassed and my ears are very itchy... "I told you so!").
So perhaps the correct forum would be Hasselblad, but that is a narrow spectrum. I know neither forums are intended to be use to voice a negative opinion of a "subjective disgrunted" Hasselblad users, rather the intention is to help and find solutions to problems. But the issue I faced and still facing MUST be noted to potential buyers and may be and "JUST" may be, someone out there has the same problem. AND just may be and "may be", the problem just a "ONE in that thousands" odd.
Q: Has anyone come across a problem with using their Hasselblad 39mp with any "technical camera" (non-Hasselblad camera) with the standard flash-sync cable as a trigger and NOT tethered to the computer (PC or MAC) between the lens and the digital back producing a distorted and heavily discolouration magenta cast (not tint)?
I upgraded my V96c (numerous mole issues) to a H3D39mp because the former (notwithstanding the persisent mole issue) had produce marvelous results with my HR and Digitar lenses. I have given a DEMO H3D39mp prior to purchasing for testing on numerous occassions, both the Mark1 and the Mark2 H3D39mp and shot it with a loan Cambo WDS from the same distributor of Hasselblad AU. At the end of the day, those results were excellent BUT I couldn't afford the extra premium on the Mark 2 so opted with the brand new Mark 1 instead.
Of course, during the period of taking possession of the new H3D39mp, I had sold my Cambo (which some on you LL have benefitted from the mint conditions) and all my mint V-series collections and limited edtion 503 collections to fund the H3D39mp.
The DSLR was great until 4 months into use (300 activiation), the DCP board in the 39mp back had to be completely replaced. (That gig with my then client (now ex-client) was settled out of court.)
Then in Dec 2008, I acquired a Cambo WRS and that was when my 39mp was first put to use with a "technical camera" - non-Hasselblad camera. This was when I discovered at total discolouration magenta cast - no matter what settings on the 39mp was set on. I tested with other H3D39MPs, both Mk1 and Mk2, with various studioes and personal owners, and even the demo units with the distributor, and all worked fine with no discolouration - actually - perfect! - albeit why a deposit was made.
In conclusion, Hasselblad Denmark patiently listened to my issues (most grateful for that - and they did just that - great "support" - and surely fulfilled their supportive obligations) and although they managed to replicate the badly discolouration of the magenta cast, gave a technical report (subject to confidentiality) of why it is happening and offer a "band-aid" solution from a third party manufacturer. This solution has not being tested by Hasselblad to guarantee to resolve the problem - only in theory that it "should".
So, I am now waiting for my 39mp to return from Denmark where they are giving my back a full service, something thus gets rectified (without admitting liability or fault), and perhaps needing to fund this band-aid device to solve the problem. The saddest part of the whole ordeal, the demo units given to me during the two months prior to the deposit for the new unit did NOT alerted me to any potential issue with technical cameras.
If anyone has similar issue, PLEASE let me know.
;(