Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAW Leaf to Tif moire  (Read 1899 times)

doncody

RAW Leaf to Tif moire
« on: February 11, 2009, 07:40:25 pm »

I recently converted a RAW Leaf file to tif and had no detectable moire in the RAW file, but when converted to tif picked up some nasty moire.  Anyone with a similar experience/explanation?

Thanks,
Don

yaya

RAW Leaf to Tif moire
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 04:28:04 am »

Quote from: doncody
I recently converted a RAW Leaf file to tif and had no detectable moire in the RAW file, but when converted to tif picked up some nasty moire.  Anyone with a similar experience/explanation?

Thanks,
Don

Don what software did you use for the conversion? Any chance you can send me the raw file?

thanks
yair

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
RAW Leaf to Tif moire
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 08:14:29 am »

Don sometimes Moire can show up at like 25 percent in Photoshop . Go to 100 percent and scroll around it may not be present in the files itself.
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

doncody

RAW Leaf to Tif moire
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 02:02:55 pm »

Quote from: yaya
Don what software did you use for the conversion? Any chance you can send me the raw file?

thanks
yair

Yair,

Thanks for the response.  I used the LEAF converter to 16 bit.  I looked at the RAW again more closely and there actually is some small amount in the RAW.  It is magnified greatly in the conversion though.  I'd be happy to send you the files but as you know they're huge.  Do you have an FTP site, or what would you suggest?

Thanks,
Don

yaya

RAW Leaf to Tif moire
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 06:09:53 pm »

Quote from: doncody
Yair,

Thanks for the response.  I used the LEAF converter to 16 bit.  I looked at the RAW again more closely and there actually is some small amount in the RAW.  It is magnified greatly in the conversion though.  I'd be happy to send you the files but as you know they're huge.  Do you have an FTP site, or what would you suggest?

Thanks,
Don

Hello Don you can use yousendit.com or senduit.com etc. they normally give free 100MB upload so that should be fine. Anyway our Moire removal tool in LC11 is IMO the best you can get as it allows you to save a"retouched" raw file that can then go into the converter of your choice without affecting sharpness or detail plus it give a few selection options.

cheers

Yair
Pages: [1]   Go Up