Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing folders  (Read 3456 times)

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Missing folders
« on: February 06, 2009, 04:32:17 pm »

We've had snow problems here in SW England, and one side-effect has been power cuts. We've had nine unexpected shutdowns today, and each time my Mac has been running. On the last start-up, and attempting to upload photos to Aperture, Aperture has had to rebuild the library, and several folders dating over several months, were missing. All the raw files are backed-up, but I am left with hours of re-processing to do.

One thing that is driving me mad, is that I can't create a new folder without an image to start with. Surely there is a way to create a new folder without any pre-existing images, ready to simply import new (or in this case, old) photos into it.

Any advice welcome.

CatOne

• http://blloyd.smugmug.com
Missing folders
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 06:32:40 pm »

Quote from: Chairman Bill
We've had snow problems here in SW England, and one side-effect has been power cuts. We've had nine unexpected shutdowns today, and each time my Mac has been running. On the last start-up, and attempting to upload photos to Aperture, Aperture has had to rebuild the library, and several folders dating over several months, were missing. All the raw files are backed-up, but I am left with hours of re-processing to do.

One thing that is driving me mad, is that I can't create a new folder without an image to start with. Surely there is a way to create a new folder without any pre-existing images, ready to simply import new (or in this case, old) photos into it.

Any advice welcome.

My first recommendation is to get a UPS.  Really, for $150, it's worth it.

Second, I don't know about folders, but you can certainly create a _project_ that doesn't have any photos in it, and import into the project.  Note, in Aperture, photos go into projects (ONLY).  That is the only place photos are actually stored -- in projects, not in folders or albums.
Pages: [1]   Go Up