Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 503CWD and a MicroSync kit  (Read 2609 times)

Johnny Kurtz

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • http://johnnykurtz.com
503CWD and a MicroSync kit
« on: January 31, 2009, 03:51:26 pm »

Hello,

I just purchased a 503CWD kit and am wondering if anybody has used a MicroSync to trigger their studio flashes?

Is it possible to use a PC to PC sync cable between the lens and MicroSync transmitter?

Right now I am doing this with my Pocket Wizards, but want a less bulky setup, this is why I am looking at the MicroSyncs.

Any input will be appreciated.

Logged
--
Cheers,
Johnny

Johnny Kurtz Photography | Salt Lake City | My Blog

klane

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
  • I live in a c-stand fort.
503CWD and a MicroSync kit
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 04:39:38 pm »

Quote from: Johnny Kurtz
Hello,

I just purchased a 503CWD kit and am wondering if anybody has used a MicroSync to trigger their studio flashes?

Is it possible to use a PC to PC sync cable between the lens and MicroSync transmitter?

Right now I am doing this with my Pocket Wizards, but want a less bulky setup, this is why I am looking at the MicroSyncs.

Any input will be appreciated.


You might look at the elinchrom skyports. I have a friend who uses microsyncs and he has had 3 break within the last year. They are small but built cheaply.
Logged

jimgolden

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 410
    • http://
503CWD and a MicroSync kit
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 04:45:26 pm »

second on the microsync's - i had one fail within the first week. warranty replacement arrives and failed within the next 90 days - moved to PW's never looked back...bulky but reliable - you could run a PC cord to the PW on your person/in a pocket, etc...

this was about 3 years ago - maybe they have improved, but they still look the same in ads...
Logged

HarperPhotos

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1309
    • http://www.harperphoto.com
503CWD and a MicroSync kit
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 09:31:25 pm »

I had two Microsync kits and they were absolute rubbish.
I returned them and got my money back.
Take my advice and don’t waste your money.

Cheers

Simon
Logged
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

Johnny Kurtz

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 20
    • http://johnnykurtz.com
503CWD and a MicroSync kit
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2009, 11:44:07 pm »

Alright, consensus say stay away from the Microsyncs, so be it.

Pocket Wizards will have to do for now.

Thank you for all the replies.

Logged
--
Cheers,
Johnny

Johnny Kurtz Photography | Salt Lake City | My Blog

jimgolden

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 410
    • http://
503CWD and a MicroSync kit
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 03:22:19 pm »

have you seen those radio popper things? maybe look into those if you want something smaller - I have no experience with them...
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up