Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gear tests!  (Read 2081 times)

leeonmaui

gear tests!
« on: January 30, 2009, 05:10:59 pm »

Aloha,

we are freaking out! (well I am)

I don't know about anybody else, but i am drooling as I look hourly for updates on the new camera gear you took with you!  

The suspense is killing me! Me thinks you are toying with us!

Three Sony shots! is there meaning in this, must be aggggggghhhh!

Could it be the camera was the one that you picked up first and upon venturing outside to the frozen deck; it froze permanently to your hand?, thereby making it the de facto camera of choice for the trip!  
One lens for all three shots; obviously frozen on the body!  

We don't need to know why icebergs are blue! (they are blue because they are holding their freaking breath waiting!)
We love the slot canyons! but not now!

Oh great OZ come out behind your curtain, and tell us!

I am sick of trying to wear out and beat up my 1ds mark ll
I have given up trying to break this camera, it just won't die!
My wife said no more gear until it breaks or YOU TELL HER I SHOULD GET ==== camera, really this is the only way I can get new gear, or; I can wait until she visits her parents in Japan, then buy it, but now she knows all my gear and can tell if something is new! but if you tell her it would be fine!
So help us! (me)

Please let me copy a quote;

I'll have equipment reports and lots more here in the days ahead.

Good Lord man! what does "days ahead"  mean to you!

that was like a week ago!

OK well you get the point!
I am going to have some more coffee!
and when I come back, (5 minutes) I expect some results!

warmest regards, welcome back!

Lee
Lahaina, Hawaii  

DarkPenguin

gear tests!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 05:17:48 pm »

leeonmaui

gear tests!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:55:14 pm »

ouch!

Scratch one off list! (not that we have water and humidity issues here in Hawaii.)
Seems like the reason i bought the 1ds mark 2 in the first place over the original 5D was concern over weather seals...

thanks for the tag,

lee

Josh-H

• Wild Nature Photo Travel
gear tests!
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 11:54:40 pm »

Quote from: leeonmaui
ouch!

Scratch one off list! (not that we have water and humidity issues here in Hawaii.)
Seems like the reason i bought the 1ds mark 2 in the first place over the original 5D was concern over weather seals...

thanks for the tag,

lee

I strongly suspect that its a case of taking the 5DMK2 to Antarctica to do the job of a 1DSMK3 - video aside. Bzzzztt.... bad idea.

The 5D and 5DMK2 are pro cameras in amateur bodies - or semi pro bodies at best. They make wonderful back up cameras and I really like both of them [I own the 5D] - but they always play second fidle to my 1DSMK3 when I am out in the elements - and Antarctica definately qualifies as out in the elements!  

I am not surprised there were multiple 5DMK2 failures - Antarctica is a hostile environment at the best of times.

Very much looking forward to reading about the carnage in Michael's report  
Wild Nature Photo Travel
Pages: [1]   Go Up