Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monoco Optix vs Color Munki?  (Read 3381 times)

jjlphoto

Monoco Optix vs Color Munki?
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:05:55 am »

I've an associate (OSX) who does not have a device to profile his display, he has been borrowing another guys Monoco Optix. A couple vendors have a few left. Is that a good recommendation or should he get the Color Minki? He doesn't need to make paper profiles, but is the newer device a better way to go?
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 01:46:19 pm »

Quote from: jjlphoto
I've an associate (OSX) who does not have a device to profile his display, he has been borrowing another guys Monoco Optix. A couple vendors have a few left. Is that a good recommendation or should he get the Color Minki? He doesn't need to make paper profiles, but is the newer device a better way to go?

IF you work with a wide gamut device (or measure ambient light or profile projectors) or want to profile output devices, you most certainly want the Munki.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Pat Herold

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 02:20:04 pm »

If he has a particular interest in shadow detail on his display, he might lean toward the Optix.  It has some noise reducing circuitry that should allow it to read blacks better.

But (I'll say it before Andrew does) it is a discontinued product line, so updates for future operating systems might come slowly or not at all for the Optix.
-Patrick Herold
  Tech Support,  chromix.com

jjlphoto

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 02:54:14 pm »

Thanks Andrew and Patrick.
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP
Pages: [1]   Go Up