Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slot Canyons  (Read 1932 times)

wtlloyd

Slot Canyons
« on: January 27, 2009, 10:04:04 am »

Quite a good article, from my limited (Upper Antelope one time) experience. Some beautiful photos....

I was in Page in September last year, for another go at Antelope, and it was swarmed with Europeans on Holiday (the dollar was ultra-cheap at the time). I was unable to get a ticket via the tour operators in town. I confirmed with the Briots later that it is still possible to purchase directly in the parking lot of Upper Antelope, a ticket, without using the tour operators. You may wish to advance purchase online in any case, if that is the main purpose of your trip to Page. Just Google 'photo tour Antelope Canyon' or some such, there are several to choose from.

I would add that having an angle finder viewpiece type adapter on your camera is extremely helpful, almost essential in the narrow and awkward passages of Upper Antelope. You do absolutely need the tripod, and it is a cold ride via the truck back to the canyon entrance; it can be quite cold inside even on a summer day, bring a jacket.  People arrive in surges, and will walk into your shot. Be patient and polite, and most will attempt cooperation once they realize what is up.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 10:04:22 am by wtlloyd »
Pages: [1]   Go Up