Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon 1ds Mkiii Err99 message  (Read 2182 times)

geotzo

• http://www.georgetzortzis.com
Canon 1ds Mkiii Err99 message
« on: January 15, 2009, 04:51:11 am »

I have been into this trouble a few days now. While remote shooting in the studio through my laptop and the usb connection of the camera, I get this message on the LCd of the camera. Then I have to remove the battery to make it work again. This happens only when I'm connected and with a frequency of every other shot. Any ideas why is this happening?

francois

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 05:08:10 am »

Quote from: geotzo
I have been into this trouble a few days now. While remote shooting in the studio through my laptop and the usb connection of the camera, I get this message on the LCd of the camera. Then I have to remove the battery to make it work again. This happens only when I'm connected and with a frequency of every other shot. Any ideas why is this happening?
I also had this issue with a 5D. I cleaned the lens contacts and the error didn't returned while I had that camera.
Francois

mahleu

• 500px
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 05:09:48 am »

As above, err 99 is a lens issue so clean the contacts on the body and lens, see if it happens with other lenses.

francois

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 05:14:11 am »

You might also have a bad USB cable... It happened to me in un-tethered mode (not connected), so your issue might be different. Does the 99 error only happen with a specific lens?
Francois

geotzo

• http://www.georgetzortzis.com
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 09:47:00 am »

Quote from: francois
You might also have a bad USB cable... It happened to me in un-tethered mode (not connected), so your issue might be different. Does the 99 error only happen with a specific lens?
The thing is I m shooting with Novoflex bellows system, so there are no contacts there. I have tried different cable but I get the same thing...

witz

• http://www.chriswitzke.com
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 11:37:13 am »

err99 is a very vague error message.... it could be anything from lens contacts, low power, mirror box malfunctions..... and the folks at canon can't tell you what the problem is unless they have it in their hands. Fun huh?

francois

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 11:47:43 am »

Quote from: witz
err99 is a very vague error message.... it could be anything from lens contacts, low power, mirror box malfunctions..... and the folks at canon can't tell you what the problem is unless they have it in their hands. Fun huh?
Correct, I've also seen it with a defective IS element...

Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up