Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot open Camera RAW from Bridge  (Read 8093 times)

Peter S

Cannot open Camera RAW from Bridge
« on: January 13, 2009, 05:30:07 pm »

I can now answer my own question!

Searching on Adobe forums I found someone who had a similar sort of problem solved it by clearing the cache in Bridge.  I tried this and it did the trick.  I have absolutely no idea why - but it worked.

If anyone can explain why this should work I would be interested but at least I have a working tool now.

---------------

The Question was:

I want to use Bridge as a front end to Lightroom as described by Jeff Schewe in the LR2 tutorial.

I have LR 2.2, CS4 and am using an EOS 5D MKll.  I have downloaded the latest updates.  I am using a 24" iMac.

I copied files from my memory card to a folder on the desktop.  I can view them in Bridge.  I can enter Photoshop and if I use File Open and select a file from the desktop it will open in Camera RAW 5.2.

I cannot however open the same file in Camera RAW from Bridge.

I have put a RAW file from an old Powershot G2 in the same folder on the desktop and that WILL open in Camera RAW from Bridge.

Peter
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 05:44:25 pm by Peter S »

Ben Rubinstein

Cannot open Camera RAW from Bridge
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 04:54:19 am »

Quote from: Peter S
I can now answer my own question!

Searching on Adobe forums I found someone who had a similar sort of problem solved it by clearing the cache in Bridge.  I tried this and it did the trick.  I have absolutely no idea why - but it worked.

If anyone can explain why this should work I would be interested but at least I have a working tool now.

---------------

The Question was:

I want to use Bridge as a front end to Lightroom as described by Jeff Schewe in the LR2 tutorial.

I have LR 2.2, CS4 and am using an EOS 5D MKll.  I have downloaded the latest updates.  I am using a 24" iMac.

I copied files from my memory card to a folder on the desktop.  I can view them in Bridge.  I can enter Photoshop and if I use File Open and select a file from the desktop it will open in Camera RAW 5.2.

I cannot however open the same file in Camera RAW from Bridge.

I have put a RAW file from an old Powershot G2 in the same folder on the desktop and that WILL open in Camera RAW from Bridge.

Peter

Ouch! I thought this was a CS3 only problem, not seen it in CS4 though it happened half the time I opened a folder in CS3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up