Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with hardware calibration  (Read 2537 times)

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
Problem with hardware calibration
« on: January 08, 2009, 04:13:09 am »

Hi -

I've just bought a Quato IP240LE monitor, with hardware calibration support.

Unfortunately the iColor Display software does not seem to work with my graphics card, an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro (AGP slot, Mac G5 2.5Ghz). It works fine with my MacBook Pro's Geforce 8600.

I wondered if anybody has had, or heard of issues with DDC/ic support from this card. Quato support thought it should work, but have not tested it.  My only alternative seems to be a very expensive (not to mention rare) Nvidia NV40 6800 GT (love these product names...) so before I take that step, it would be nice to get some conformation that the ATI is a dead end.

Actually, I have software-calibrated the Quato for now, using a ColorMunki, and the print matching is already fabulous :-)   Quato tech support also tell me I can copy the profile created on the MacBook to the G5, so maybe I'll try that.

Thanks
David
--
David Mantripp

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 07:48:34 am »

Quote from: drm
Quato tech support also tell me I can copy the profile created on the MacBook to the G5, so maybe I'll try that.

This is definitely the best solution. Quato makes top quality panels, you don't have to recalibrate it very often, so it shouldn't be very problematic.
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

David Mantripp

• :: snowhenge dot net ::
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 02:33:15 am »

ok, now I've discovered the "Apple (allegedly) broke DDC (on G5s) with 10.5.6 meme". Isn't the internet great ?

And nice of them to wait until I finally got the hw calibrated monitor I've been dreaming of for so long ....
--
David Mantripp
Pages: [1]   Go Up