Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do You Like My Bokeh Now?  (Read 30008 times)

JDClements

• http://www.jdanielclements.com
How Do You Like My Bokeh Now?
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2009, 09:16:10 pm »

Quote from: stever
the MT-24 can generally make macrophotography possisble in a breeze and get natural looking results with a bit of effort (which i don't think the ringlight can ever achieve)

Out of curiosity, what do you find is unnatural above the image in post #28 above?

jani

• Øyet
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 05:03:31 pm »

Quote from: JohnKoerner
I was reading about the autofocuse microadjustment, but can't figure out how to make that work yet. Perhaps the 10x zoom focus is the better tool though, ultimately, though I would like to fine-tune both.

Also, someone mentioned "calibrating" a lens to the body ... how does one go about doing that?
Here's a pretty good article by Keith Cooper about how to perform autofocus microadjustment for a specific lens model (which would be "calibrating a lens to the body").

I really liked your frog pictures, BTW!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 05:03:55 pm by jani »
Jan

JohnKoerner

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 06:09:28 pm »

Quote from: jani
Here's a pretty good article by Keith Cooper about how to perform autofocus microadjustment for a specific lens model (which would be "calibrating a lens to the body").
I really liked your frog pictures, BTW!

Many thanks for the article (another one to bookmark!) ... and thanks for the props on the frog pic  

JohnKoerner

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2009, 10:03:57 pm »

Here's a shot of a pet snake and a southern toad I found

I used the microadjustment for the first time today on a squirrel treefrog, and the results were excellent. Haven't processed them yet, but that Live View micro-adjustment really is wonderful when dealing with something that will hold still for a bit

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2009, 10:11:38 pm »

Quote from: JohnKoerner
Here's a shot of a pet snake and a southern toad I found

I used the microadjustment for the first time today on a squirrel treefrog, and the results were excellent. Haven't processed them yet, but that Live View micro-adjustment really is wonderful when dealing with something that will hold still for a bit

That is one seriously medieval looking toad.  Great Work!  I am glad they don't appear that big in real life.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

JohnKoerner

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2009, 10:26:48 pm »

Quote from: fike
That is one seriously medieval looking toad.  Great Work!  I am glad they don't appear that big in real life.

Thanks, and LOL, it's true. Up close, toads look far crazier than the imagination of any sci-fi movie creator.

I thought the texture and coloration of his hide was absolutely fascinating. You can also see the massive poison glands behind his eyes, and the pores the milky substance comes out of

JohnKoerner

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2009, 01:04:19 am »

Here is a shot of a Squirrel Treefrog I took today, handheld.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up