Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panasonic LX3 firmware update  (Read 1909 times)

dalethorn

Panasonic LX3 firmware update
« on: December 29, 2008, 08:50:03 pm »

Before posting this I searched for 'LX3 firmware' and got 19 pages of results, none apparently about the LX3 firmware.

After selecting YES to update the firmware from v1.0 (confirmed) to v1.1, the process took about 2 seconds instead of 1-2 minutes.  The camera then reverted to the standard "no valid image...." playback screen, without turning off as described in the instructions.  I then formatted the card, and checked the current version number, which is now v1.1.  So apparently the camera updated the firmware version number without doing anything else.  The camera seems to work the same as before.  Is this normal?

250swb

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 03:48:12 am »

What did you expect to 'see' or experience? The Firmware updates cover

1- Compatibility update for the DMW-FL220 flash unit.
2- Improved auto white balance performance.
3- Improved auto focus performance.

So you haven't found the WB or focus to be better?

I have heard that the next update will allow the camera to perform a selection of songs from 'South Pacific', but we'll need to wait for that.

Steve ;-)

dalethorn

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 10:44:31 am »

Quote from: 250swb
What did you expect to 'see' or experience? The Firmware updates cover

1- Compatibility update for the DMW-FL220 flash unit.
2- Improved auto white balance performance.
3- Improved auto focus performance.

So you haven't found the WB or focus to be better?

I have heard that the next update will allow the camera to perform a selection of songs from 'South Pacific', but we'll need to wait for that.

Steve ;-)
The instructions given by Panasonic for the update were very explicit - expect ONE to TWO minutes for the update to install on the camera.  Mine "installed" (i.e. did nothing at all) in one to two *seconds*.  Now since I can't evaluate the '.BIN' file, or look into the camera's internal coding, what am I supposed to believe that happened?  The version number did change, but there's no way anyone can tell me that the 1-2 minute install actually installed in 1-2 seconds.

Perhaps someone else can relate their experience with this upgrade.
Pages: [1]   Go Up