Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: gradient tool causes crash  (Read 3503 times)

Robcat

gradient tool causes crash
« on: December 25, 2008, 05:49:56 pm »

Have had LR 2.1 for 1-2 mo. but just started using gradient tool. Both times I have tried the tool, LR crashed. Otherwise the program has seemed stable and runs fine. Ideas?

Richowens

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 10:00:36 pm »

The usual questions, what OS, machine specifics?

Are you by chance running an Nvidia video card? No matter which card update your video drivers to the latest, It can make a diference.

Rich

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 05:26:20 am »

Quote from: Robcat
Have had LR 2.1 for 1-2 mo. but just started using gradient tool. Both times I have tried the tool, LR crashed. Otherwise the program has seemed stable and runs fine. Ideas?
Try upgrading to 2.2. I've no idea whether it will cure the problem, but several bugs are said to have been fixed.

Jeremy

Robcat

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 05:44:07 pm »

Quote from: Richowens
The usual questions, what OS, machine specifics?

Are you by chance running an Nvidia video card? No matter which card update your video drivers to the latest, It can make a diference.

Rich

Actually I am running NVidia (on Windows XP, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gb RAM). Did download the latest drivers and the tool did not crash in a few minutes of test (more than it let me do before), so perhaps that was it. Thanks much.
Rob

Robcat

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 05:46:55 pm »

Quote from: kikashi
Try upgrading to 2.2. I've no idea whether it will cure the problem, but several bugs are said to have been fixed.

Jeremy

NVidia driver update seemed to help, so am holding off on 2.2 unless more problems (or I upgrade to a 5D    
Thanks.
Rob

Tklimek

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 07:58:25 pm »

Rob....

Just out of curiousity, are there problems with 2.2 that are keeping you from upgrading?  

Holiday cheers....

Todd in Chicago...

NVidia driver update seemed to help, so am holding off on 2.2 unless more problems (or I upgrade to a 5D    
Thanks.
Rob

Robcat

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2008, 07:34:42 pm »

Quote from: Tklimek
Rob....

Just out of curiousity, are there problems with 2.2 that are keeping you from upgrading?  

Holiday cheers....

Todd in Chicago...

Not aware of any problems, just the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" wariness of upgrading programs

Tklimek

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 01:24:11 pm »

Rob...

I definitely think you should upgrade to 2.2......check out these release notes from Adobe (particularly the gradient part):

Lightroom 2 Bugs - Fixed
•Images rendered from the Slideshow export process produced a jagged effect on hard edges relative to the quality of normal JPEG export
•Increased the number of characters allowed in Web gallery labels beyond 150 characters
•Catalogs with hundreds of root (top level) folders caused very slow launch times
•Drag and drop to move a subfolder to a different folder showed the incorrect photos in the grid
•Print Sharpening produced edge artifacts in certain conditions
•Density defaulted to 100 percent for initial stroke regardless of position of slider
•The  Adjustment brush created blocky, straight edges to brush strokes under certain conditions
•Lightroom could become unresponsive when using the graduated filter under certain conditions
•It was possible to lose the ability to edit an adjustment brush setting after applying a graduated filter with hidden pins
•Turning auto-mask on produced a lag in Lightroom performance in when applying the adjustment brush
•Print to JPEG functionality produced a low resolution image when printing photos with panorama aspect ratios
•Extended characters in a folder name caused Edit in Photoshop functionality to fail
•Smart collection did not respond to changes in custom metadata

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago

Not aware of any problems, just the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" wariness of upgrading programs

Robcat

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 11:05:05 pm »

Quote from: Tklimek
Rob...

I definitely think you should upgrade to 2.2......check out these release notes from Adobe (particularly the gradient part):

Lightroom 2 Bugs - Fixed
•Images rendered from the Slideshow export process produced a jagged effect on hard edges relative to the quality of normal JPEG export
•Increased the number of characters allowed in Web gallery labels beyond 150 characters
•Catalogs with hundreds of root (top level) folders caused very slow launch times
•Drag and drop to move a subfolder to a different folder showed the incorrect photos in the grid
•Print Sharpening produced edge artifacts in certain conditions
•Density defaulted to 100 percent for initial stroke regardless of position of slider
•The  Adjustment brush created blocky, straight edges to brush strokes under certain conditions
•Lightroom could become unresponsive when using the graduated filter under certain conditions
•It was possible to lose the ability to edit an adjustment brush setting after applying a graduated filter with hidden pins
•Turning auto-mask on produced a lag in Lightroom performance in when applying the adjustment brush
•Print to JPEG functionality produced a low resolution image when printing photos with panorama aspect ratios
•Extended characters in a folder name caused Edit in Photoshop functionality to fail
•Smart collection did not respond to changes in custom metadata

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago

dhlewis

• http://dhlewisphotography.com
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2008, 07:44:59 pm »

Actually I am running NVidia (on Windows XP, 2.8 GHz, 4 Gb RAM). Did download the latest drivers and the tool did not crash in a few minutes of test (more than it let me do before), so perhaps that was it. Thanks much.
Rob

you might want to investigate this deeper, there are many issues regarding Nvidia cards.

http://lightroom-news.com/2008/09/02/nvidi...ush-tool-on-xp/

Pages: [1]   Go Up