Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 - Paper Saving Cut??  (Read 3013 times)

wsolum

Z3100 - Paper Saving Cut??
« on: December 12, 2008, 07:23:09 pm »

I remember somewhere in the driver or printer menu of the Z3100 an option that keeps the pritner from cutting the 3.5" strip off the roll after it prints.  I can't find it anywhere now, and printing a 5.5" long strip of 5x7s takes 9 inches of paper after it cuts my print, then the 3.5" strip.

Any tips on where to disable this stupid "feature"?

Wayne

rdonson

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 09:23:03 am »

Hello Wayne,

Are you thinking of the driver option to remove top/bottom blank areas?

Regards,
Ron

karrphoto

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:45:50 pm »

There is also a menu option on the new firmware that allows you to stop it from cutting that 2" strip off the lead of a roll  of paper, which I never quite understood???  

namartinnz

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 01:01:19 am »

Quote from: karrphoto
There is also a menu option on the new firmware that allows you to stop it from cutting that 2" strip off the lead of a roll  of paper, which I never quite understood???  

When you load in a new satin/luster/gloss paper, the printer asks Y/N if you want to trim the strip off, before inserting the roll. This was added to the latest firmare. Something that has been long overdue.

Colorwave

• Colorwave Imaging
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 02:21:13 am »

Quote from: namartinnz
When you load in a new satin/luster/gloss paper, the printer asks Y/N if you want to trim the strip off, before inserting the roll. This was added to the latest firmare. Something that has been long overdue.
Yes, that and the paper advance forward and backward without trimming are simple, obvious, and were overdue.  I'm glad they made it before killing additional development on the Z3100 in favor of perfecting the Z3200.
-Ron H.
[url=http://colorwaveimaging.com

wsolum

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2008, 10:52:35 pm »

Quote from: rdonson
Hello Wayne,

Are you thinking of the driver option to remove top/bottom blank areas?

That option wasn't available.  Found that I had borderless option set.  Turned it off and all is well.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up