Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL Guide to LR2  (Read 4401 times)

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
LL Guide to LR2
« on: December 12, 2008, 02:16:08 am »

I'm having a problem with the last file, Segments 36-40+.  When I try to extract the compressed folder, I get an error message, " Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error".  I tried re-downloading the file twice, with the same result.  I haven't run into any other problems with this or any other LL tutorial, so my guess is the file may be corrupted.  Anyone else run into this?

For the site admins;  Could you please look into this?  By the way, I'm running Quicktime on a Vista 32 machine.  As I said before, the rest of the tutorial has run without issues.  Thanks.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
LL Guide to LR2
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 07:36:39 am »

I have just downloaded and successfully opened the file, so the problems are not on the server end.

Something may have changed in your browser settings. The simplest way to get around that is to use a different browser - Mozilla/Firefox usually work best. Also emptying the browser cache, disabling any Download Manager and cookies set by L-L & then re-booting may help.

It is possible that something else may be awry, please check the FAQ for any other possible cause. Let us know at how you get on.

Chris

jasonrandolph

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/shutterpunk
LL Guide to LR2
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 10:32:35 am »

Quote from: Chrissand
I have just downloaded and successfully opened the file, so the problems are not on the server end.

Something may have changed in your browser settings. The simplest way to get around that is to use a different browser - Mozilla/Firefox usually work best. Also emptying the browser cache, disabling any Download Manager and cookies set by L-L & then re-booting may help.

It is possible that something else may be awry, please check the FAQ for any other possible cause. Let us know at how you get on.

Chris

Thanks for the suggestions Chris.  I use Firefox already, so that's not the issue, but I'll try the others when I get home from work.  Again, I appreciate the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up