Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3 export questions  (Read 1641 times)

thebatman

3 export questions
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:36:28 am »

Hi all,

3 questions about exporting from lightroom:

1. In bridge, I could take my raw and save as jpg with a letter extension. E.g., file "1001.dng" could be saved as "1001a.jpg". In lightroom I see an option to save as a number appendix, e.g. "1001-1", but not as a letter appendix. Did I just miss it?

2. Also on filename extensions for export, if I export more than one at a time, the number (or letter) increases on each exposure, except I want it to stay they same. E.g. If I export multiple files 1001-1005, I want it to save the jpgs as "1001-1", "1002-1", "1003-1", etc. Instead, it will do it as "1001-1", 1002-2", "1003-3", etc. Can I change it to the way I want (whether or not it can be a letter or number)?  Right now I just have to export one at a time if I want the extension on each to be "-1" (or hopefully, "a").

3. Keywords on export: right now it is writing all hierarchical keywords - e.g. if I have a hierarchy of "People --> Jim", it writes them as separate keywords "People" and "Jim". I would like it to write just the bottom level, i.e. "Jim". Any way to do that? I know there is an export setting about writing LR hierarchy on export, but I don't know if that will solve the problem.

Thanks much!

thebatman

3 export questions
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 12:32:33 pm »

Got a response on flickr, thought I would post it here in case anyone finds it useful:

>>
(1) If you're talking about a sequence (a, b, c, d instead of 1, 2, 3, 4), then no. If you just want to stick a lower-case 'a' on the end, then yes, see the answer to the next question.

(2) Yes. Instead of appending a sequence number, append "custom text". To do this, you need to create a Filename Template that includes "Filename", a hyphen, and "Custom Text". Let us know if you need help with this.

(3) Yes. You can right-click on "People" in your Keyword List, and choose "Edit Keyword Tag..." from the context menu. In that dialog box there is a checkbox for "Include on Export". You could also edit the child keywords and uncheck "Export Containing Keywords".
>>
Pages: [1]   Go Up