Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon on Crack  (Read 46978 times)

Ray

Nikon on Crack
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2008, 08:32:51 pm »

One can always shops around and find a lower price than the manufacturer's recommended retail price, but comparing RRP prices in Australia, I find that the Nikon D3 is A$7499 and the D3X A$13,999.

Since we often compare noise and dynamic range at the pixel level, why not compare value at the pixel level? If we do that, we get 0.065 cents per pixel for the D3, and only 0.058 cents per pixel for the D3X. That seems a fair 'quantity discount' to me, for the D3X. What are you guys complaining about?  

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Nikon on Crack
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2008, 09:38:15 pm »

Quote from: Ray
One can always shops around and find a lower price than the manufacturer's recommended retail price, but comparing RRP prices in Australia, I find that the Nikon D3 is A$7499 and the D3X A$13,999.

Since we often compare noise and dynamic range at the pixel level, why not compare value at the pixel level? If we do that, we get 0.065 cents per pixel for the D3, and only 0.058 cents per pixel for the D3X. That seems a fair 'quantity discount' to me, for the D3X. What are you guys complaining about?  

Before somebody else embarks on stupid car comparisons, let me say that a Bentley still looks expensive when comparing the price per kg to a Nissan March.

Now that is a relevant comment, isn't it?  

Cheers,
Bernard

jani

• Øyet
Nikon on Crack
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2008, 10:59:14 pm »

Quote from: BernardLanguillier
Before somebody else embarks on stupid car comparisons, let me say that a Bentley still looks expensive when comparing the price per kg to a Nissan March.

Now that is a relevant comment, isn't it?  
No, because the Bentley is much more FUN.

[!--quoteo(post=0:date=:name=Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE (Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear)[div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]It's like driving a cathedral - sideways.[/quote]

So think of it that way when you buy a D3x; it's like photographing with a cathedral - sideways.

Now what could possibly top that?
Jan

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Nikon on Crack
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2008, 11:18:50 pm »

Quote from: jani
No, because the Bentley is much more FUN.

OK, then car comparisons are probably never relevant. CQFD.

Cheers,
Bernard
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up