Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Available downloads a misunderstanding  (Read 6531 times)

siejones

Available downloads a misunderstanding
« on: November 29, 2008, 07:06:32 pm »

Ok I understand your marketing reasons for creating competions to bring in more revenue by tempting people to purchase and download your availble content but there is one thing that really confuses me.

You have DVD's of of video journal's pre vol 14 that are not available to download. I myself could convert a DVD to .mov format in an hour or so and put it up for download but for some reason this seems to be a big issue.

You want more sales? I would gladly download everyone of your video journals pre 14 and from what I can gather so would a lot of people on here.

So for something that would cost you nothing in production but would create you potential revenue why not produce your historic video journals for download?

Am I missing something?

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 05:49:20 pm »

The conversion will happen - in time - it is a rather low priority since plenty of DVDs remain in stock

Xavier Rival

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2008, 09:58:23 am »

I concur: I would be very interested in downloading some older DVDs.
However, having a DVD shipped to me is no real fun, since I am in Europe and shipping costs a lot (I like the idea to support this great website, but I am not fond of the idea of supporting Fedex or UPS   ), so I will buy them only when I can download them.

sms60

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 12:32:42 pm »

I have to agree, I would love to see some of the earlier LLVJ episodes, but these days its hard to justify $30+ (with shipping) for each DVD.  I think the style and approach of the LL videos are great.  I've watched all the downloadable video journals and the Capture to Print tutorial.  I don't use Lightroom or ACR, so I can't see buying those tutorials. Guess I have to keep waiting.    Anyway, keep up the good work.

frugal

• http://www.andrewdaceyphotography.com/
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 05:40:16 pm »

Add me to the list of those interested in download versions of the earlier journals.

I was mildly put off about the idea of downloading at first but once I got past that idea (basically clued in that it's cheaper, I don't have to physically store them, and I'm making a PVR system anyway so I can play them on that to watch on my TV once that's going) I splurged on journals 14-17 plus the Lightroom 2 and Camera to Print tutorial videos during your 15% sale. Had other videos been available for download I likely would've picked them up as well.

RogerW

• http://www.rogerwalton.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 07:15:07 am »

Quote from: frugal
Add me to the list of those interested in download versions of the earlier journals.

I
Me too!
Pages: [1]   Go Up