Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P25 / P45 Mamiya Mount on Sinar P2  (Read 3859 times)

Henry Goh

P25 / P45 Mamiya Mount on Sinar P2
« on: November 28, 2008, 05:52:46 am »

If I want to use either the P25 or P45 on my Sinar P2, what would I need to buy? I suppose a sliding back, what about cables and how do I mount the backs on the sliding back? Thanks.

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 06:05:14 am »

Henry,

if you wish to use the Sinar sliding adapter, then you need a tapered bellow, a flash sync cable (from lens to back), and a back with either Hasselblad V, H, Mamiya 645 or Contax 645 mount. That's all. The Sinar sliding adapter has the advantage that it keeps the swing and tilt axis on your ground-glass.

Best regards,
Thierry

Quote from: Henry Goh
If I want to use either the P25 or P45 on my Sinar P2, what would I need to buy? I suppose a sliding back, what about cables and how do I mount the backs on the sliding back? Thanks.
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Henry Goh

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 06:07:42 am »

Thanks Thiery.

Can you give me a link to the tapered bellows?

thsinar

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 06:36:49 am »

Henry,

there are actually 2 such tapered bellows available:

- Tapered Bellows 4x5/100 (452.16.010)
- Wide Angle Bellows 4x5/100 EL (455.16.000)

I'll try to find an image, if you need it.

Best regards,
Thierry

Thanks Thiery.

Can you give me a link to the tapered bellows?
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Henry Goh

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 07:02:08 am »

Ah, no need thenThiery because I have the wide angle bellows.  Thanks.

digitalcameraman

• Capture Integration
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 08:11:37 am »

Henry:

You will need to buy a Phase One Flex adapter or Kapture Group Adapter. Both of the adapters come in mounts to fit Sinar so specify that and both come ready to accept one of four different camera mounts, either V, Mamiya/Phase, Hasselblad H, and Contax. What is really nice here is that if you decide you want to shoot Mamiya MF you can move the back from Flex to the MF because the mount is the same, just like film backs, if you remember that far back.

When it comes to capturing with a P1 back, I would recommend a Kapture Group One Shot Cable Release. I have hundreds of these being used on 4x5 and technical cameras with P1 backs.  It is most reliable way to trigger the P1 back. The Phase One back uses"sleep architecture" which means the chip is not energized until you tell the camera to shoot. This cable replaces the need for cable that may come with the back. If you buy a new back it will come with cable for the mount you purchase it for, say Hasselblad V uses a sync cable that goes from the back to the lens. And there is a second cable that goes from the remote plug on motorized Hasselblad to back that allows one to shoot from the keyboard. Keep in mind if you donot have one of these one shot cables you will need to shoot the camera twice, once to wake it up and then the second time to shoot the image. P1 also makes a short out cable, which has a small button on it you press first then use your cable release to fire the image. I find many shooters prefer the one shot version because it has the same feel a cable release had to them when shooting film.

If you want to included Mamiya RZ into the system, there are 2 ways. One is the standard V P1 back used with the Phase One RZ adapter. If you have a RZD you must use the adapter made by Mamiya and P1 that mounts a 645 P1 back and uses no cables, this one also rotates from portrait to landscape.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information or technical support.

Chris Snipes
Phase One Reseller
Image Production,Inc

www.imageproduction.com
chris@imageproduction.com

Chris Snipes
Sales Manager Capture Integ

thsinar

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 08:31:38 am »

Ah, no need thenThiery because I have the wide angle bellows.  Thanks.

Here there are: these are the electronic one with cables, but the same exist without cables (which would be needed in your case).

FYI: the Sinar sliding adapter allows as well to mount a Hasselblad film magazine
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Henry Goh

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 09:27:53 am »

Quote from: digitalcameraman
Henry:

You will need to buy a Phase One Flex adapter or Kapture Group Adapter. Both of the adapters come in mounts to fit Sinar so specify that and both come ready to accept one of four different camera mounts, either V, Mamiya/Phase, Hasselblad H, and Contax. What is really nice here is that if you decide you want to shoot Mamiya MF you can move the back from Flex to the MF because the mount is the same, just like film backs, if you remember that far back.

When it comes to capturing with a P1 back, I would recommend a Kapture Group One Shot Cable Release. I have hundreds of these being used on 4x5 and technical cameras with P1 backs.  It is most reliable way to trigger the P1 back. The Phase One back uses"sleep architecture" which means the chip is not energized until you tell the camera to shoot. This cable replaces the need for cable that may come with the back. If you buy a new back it will come with cable for the mount you purchase it for, say Hasselblad V uses a sync cable that goes from the back to the lens. And there is a second cable that goes from the remote plug on motorized Hasselblad to back that allows one to shoot from the keyboard. Keep in mind if you donot have one of these one shot cables you will need to shoot the camera twice, once to wake it up and then the second time to shoot the image. P1 also makes a short out cable, which has a small button on it you press first then use your cable release to fire the image. I find many shooters prefer the one shot version because it has the same feel a cable release had to them when shooting film.

If you want to included Mamiya RZ into the system, there are 2 ways. One is the standard V P1 back used with the Phase One RZ adapter. If you have a RZD you must use the adapter made by Mamiya and P1 that mounts a 645 P1 back and uses no cables, this one also rotates from portrait to landscape.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information or technical support.

Chris Snipes
Phase One Reseller
Image Production,Inc

www.imageproduction.com
chris@imageproduction.com

Thank you Chris.  I will contact you when I'm ready for this.  Sounds like the old days when I was shooting Mamiya 6 x 9 film back on the P2.
Pages: [1]   Go Up